Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2024, 07:10 AM

Sunday 14th January 2024

Morning all. Chilly here and not slept well. So much going through my mind. Hope you all stay warm. Chris would you be better off with calor gas or those stand alone heaters? Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2024, 11:25 AM
Good morning Brenda. Hope you can get some rest today and get a better nights sleep tonight

Hugs Lynn. I know it is difficult but you have done well so no regrets it just was not meant to be. I kept two pups from a litter I bred but by 7 months the male still had not bonded with us and would spend all his time as far away from us as possible. A friend found me a good home and when we visited him a couple of months later he was a different dog so loving towards them something we had not seen.

Cold here this morning but Teazle walked and have spent an hour in the garden raking leaves of the flower beds. Now cooking lunch.

I knew which phone I wanted and the colour so did not take long to buy. Had to also buy a couple of new charging cables as the new phone now corresponds to the new law that all phones come with the same charging connection. That's ok but I need the other end to go into the old USB socket in the cars and plugs at home. As my son said those on trains will not be changed until new rolling stock is ordered if ever. They also very kindly ran through the transfer of data from one phone to there other and then I part exchanged my old one and got some money refunded. Paul then went through all my passwords and changed them so that no two are the same. Didn't know some of them were

When I got home I was told that my neighbour needed my help with his phone. It didn't ring but went straight to voice mail. So with the help of tech support on my phone, ie Paul, we eventually solved it so he is now a happy bunny

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2024, 11:38 AM
Morning
Brenda, of you are worried about your husband's family, try not to worry until you have to
Sue, nice you were able to help your neighbour out with his phone.
I have ordered a new echo show as mum was saying the other one was playing up, I have had to have it on installments, it's been delivered and I have faffed with the bits I needed too and it is really good, I can zoom in on my cameras and it's bigger so mum can see it better and she hasn't even moaned about it!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2024, 12:33 PM
Good afternoon all

Chilly out but quite a nice morning. Bit of drizzle for a couple of minutes, but that was all

We have an Echo dot which was free from somewhere or other. The only thing we use it for is alarms for taking meds.

Lynn, hope you are feeling a bit better today and Brenda, try not to worry too much. It will all come out in the wash

Last time I bought a phone, I just looked pathetic and the shop guy set it all up for me
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2024, 12:36 PM
Good afternoon all

Not done anything bar get up shower have boiled eggs, toast and coffee now lstenign to the radio and on here.

Lunch roasting nicely and I plan to do nothing else today either. Although I have earmarked which plantS need to come out in the garden or repostioned in the Spring the removed ones will be donated to volunteer gardening group (I belong to sort of) and plan on trimming back a few evergreens. I am on holiday next week so that is my plan weather somewhat dependant and of course my inclination. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2024, 09:00 PM
Evening everyone.
We had a nice day, we went out to get some shopping for tea as our friends Bev, Colin and Boo came round for tea.
Freya and I knocked on Joel's door to see if he would like to come and get coffee and cake when we had done our shopping. He did.
Him and I were talking upstairs and of course there were tears that big strapping lad almost 22 got out of bed and hugged his nan.
Freya has had us in stitches most of the day.
We showed Frya the pictures of Brewster in his new home as she knew he had left us.
We showed Joel the pictures also and he immediately said that's a different dog he looks so relaxed unlike when I saw him at Christmas.
Both Joel and Mark remarked something I had been thinking this morning that he viewed this home as his prison and us his jailors and for some reason Gorden more than me.
Looking at the photos he does look like such a different dog. He slept from 10 till 6 this morning in his new home something he has never done with us there was always a loo break and sometimes he would come in and settle mostly he wouldn't he ould be awake and hyper.
So for us although we feel very sad and will do for sometime we know without a doubt we have done the right thing, Gorden said we were meant to see himthrough the physical problems and now it is someones elses job to get the best out of him and of him.

brenda I hope you sleep better tonight.
Sue glad the phone is working out well.
Hello chris.
Kazz your day sounds lovely.
griff I hope your day has been a better one.