View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2024, 04:54 PM
Kazz I thought I had the week off but this morning Maria had to be at the hospital for an eye appointment a 9.00 am so no time, due to traffic at that time of the morning, to drop the other two off and wait until they were let in so I got asked to do it. I have to collect them Friday afternoon as he has his car booked into the garage at 2.00 pm for a diagnostics test. Although he can wait he doesn't know how long it will take so again I will do the necessary. No doubt it is back to normal next week. Definitely Monday and Tuesday as he has to go to UCL in London for the two days. Early start but should be home by normal time if trains are playing ball.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2024, 04:58 PM
Well they should all say "Thank God for you"

But hopefully his new job should be making life easier
until the whole family is here and settled and two cars in action.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Thank you Kazz and Chris.

Sorry you are not getting your days off Sue.
Gorden was an education lecturer at UCL.

Elaine and I Brewsters breeder caught up on the phone today.
He will be very local to her and I am wondering if she has gone down the co-ownership route ? She said she will be having a lot of input with him and when Izzy his mum is clear of her season he will be walking with her and off lead too, not with Zeena his sister yet as she is still mad as a hatter.
So we feel happier with that arrangement that Elaine and Andy will be seeing a lot of him and have a big input in his life.
Its funny because when we met at Ely with the 3 of them and Brewster was waiting for his referral appointment, she looked at Brewster and said I would have you back tomorrow if I could sweet boy.
She didn't keep a male as having Izzy and Zeena she found it easier to have two females because of seasons and she would have to send the boy away.
This way she gets the best of both I guess.
She did say to me other day when we chatted on the phone even though we are returning him she is so pleased that we were the people who had him when he needed all his problems sorting and his aftercare.

She will not be bringing their ramp as we said they can use ours and take it back and she seemed shocked when she said won't you be getting another and the answer was no I can't do the putting to sleep and possibility in the back of mind of returning again. Plus I think it has made us realise we are maybe the wrong side of 60 to have such large powerful dogs in our lives now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2024, 07:53 PM
Lynn sounds like she will have loads of input for Brewster and maybe he will be co owned which will be wonderful for him and youselves knowing he will be home forever. You have done everything you could and more your research and knowlegde has been his making.

Maybe after a break you could go back to "looking after" your friends dogs when needed. But this is the best descision all around for all concerned you have loved him reared him cared for him and now because of all that you let him spread his wings.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2024, 08:13 PM
Kazz thank you so much for those words.
I hope he does indeed spread his wings.

Gorden said earlier maybe he was meant to come to us to get him through his problems so he could then move on to better things.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2