Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2024, 07:36 AM

Monday 8th January 2024

Morning all. Woh it is dark still. I so wish for the lighter mornings to come soon. Thankyou everyone for your words of wisdom. Now it is just a case of waiting to see what happens next. Hope you all have a good day. There is a possibility of some white stuff here but I doubt it. Not very often that we get it here. But we do sometimes then everyone panics, well some do. I don't. I love it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2024, 08:15 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
I think it's too cold for snow here.

I have an announcement that Brewster is being returned to the breeder.
Not sure exactly when she has to sort things, personally and making sure he goes to the right home.
We had a bit of a to do here again yesterday afternoon and poor Gorden is now tired and worn out and I am watching it all happen.
We have tried everything and everything we have used in the past and nothing works honestly it doesn't.
He brings us no joy any longer and we are beginning to resent his behaviour.
I spoke to the breeder yesterday and said we were going to try the behaviourist and she mentioned the KC good citizens award scheme.
I found one and emailed them and we were prepared to give this as a last try, but this morning when Gorden got up and getting ready to go to look after Freya it all started again and we decided enough is enough.
He will follow Gorden even if removed for a short time and start again.
So I emailed his breeder this morning and said we can't do it anymore we are exhausted with it all working on the behaviour and getting nowhere.
We especially me feel such failures.

I feel a total failure and we have brought him so far through his pastern issue and shoulder recovery but it has gone terribly wrong somewhere.
The weird thing is he gets so upset when Gorden goes out.
We are not doing this lightly it has been brewing for a while and we have realised we cannot keep on fighting and it is not fair to Brewster to keep being reprimanded.
He needs a new start and hopefully now he will have someone who understands his behaviour and can enjoy him.

Have a good day all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2024, 09:25 AM
My heart goes out to you Lynn but you have done the right thing for you, Gordon and your family. And for Brewster. I hope the breeder can take him very soon. Hugs to you. Been there so many times for others when doing my behaviour stint for others. Never easy but you have done the right thing. Hugs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2024, 09:37 AM
Thank you brenda I can see no other way forward.
Maybe the behaviourist would have solved it or the training class I just don't know but I do know Gorden cannot carry on with the behaviour.
Brewster listens to me and it is no more than you would expect from a pushy adolescent and a quick sharp sit, wait and then treat works for me he just does not listen to Gorden.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2024, 10:09 AM
Good morning Brenda andLynn

Hope you have a good day Brenda. I doubt very much you will get any white stuff that is a problem to anyone.

I am so sorry for your Lynn but understand your decision. There is only so much you can take at the end of the day and you have to do the right thing by you all. Hope the breeder can find him a lovely new home.

Dull, miserable and cold today but no frost. Been busy cleaning a couple of cupboards and fridge and also been phoning round to get another company to help with the tree problem. Have also booked the lawn mower in for service next week and awaiting a call from a plumber about a leaking radiator in the kitchen. Now coffee time. Barry has yet to surface Week off from school duties as Ben is between jobs.

Tke care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2024, 10:42 AM
Thank you Sue.
Enjoy your well earned rest.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Morning all
Lynn, if you're feeling you can't cope, better to return him now, he is still a puppy so appealing but past the house training bit. I am sure he will find a home and settle down, we went as far as looking at doggy day care because I couldn't manage with Kota, the biting was the worst I have ever known.....you would tell her no and she would just lunge and attack.
Brenda, I think there was mention of the odd flake here but tbh, our local press always say bad weather and it tends not to happen
Mum is seeing the psychologist at the hospital today about her eating or lack of eating.... not really sure what they can do.
I am on dog duty until mum gets back and then I shall take myself off for some air
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2024, 12:25 PM
I just could not believe it. not seen it around here for many years but it has happened. I noticed it in the back garden while having dinner. Absolutely amazing and what a sight to see , if only it for a brief moment . Possible then may see it again hopefully for some and not for others depends on age. Looks as if i will have to pay more attention to see if I can spot it again. What is it i hear you ask? well might actually feel it more outside and have no wish to let it get into the house. Oh what am I talking about? didn't I say snow? only very fine stuff but definately snow.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2024, 01:59 PM
Yep we had some here in Lancing and then the sun came out and it has disappeared but now the sun has gone again. I want lots and lots and lots. Maybe I should have had some in my magic manor?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2024, 02:36 PM
Apparently there has been a few flakes in some areas here but I haven't seen any at all, don't really want snow anyway..... it's preferable to rain I guess but I hate the days after when it's ice
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >