Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2024, 09:51 AM

Saturday 6th December

Good morning everyone

Hope the cameras will be ok for you Kelly.

Keep smiling Lynnit will come right in the end even if you have to seek help.

Hope you have a good day Chris and Kazz

Dull but dry here. It is a bit chilly out but have had a good walk with Teazle. Towels out on the line blowing nicely so hope they dry, if not radiators and airer will be in use.

Just had a message from Ben, his new car now has a fault. The engine management light has come on. He phoned the garage he bought it from and they have told him to take it to his local Nissan dealer and they will oay for the diagnostics and any repairs necessary. Can't ask any better than that. The garage did have good reviews and this is proving to be the case.

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2024, 10:36 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Not raining but wet and chilly.
We took Brewster to the park on harness and long line, we couldn't let him go it was a bit busy but he could have a little canter ahead, thankfully Gorden didn't aquaplane.
Then we went for a little road walk.
Gorden has decided today to grab him by the fur either side of his neck he was leaping and grabbing in the garden, nothing else seems to work so he tried that and didn't let go until Brewster sat, he tried it again when we got back as Brewster tried it on again.
Gorden said it's not something he wants to do for too long but we are hoping it brings Brewster down to the level he should be not where he thinks he should be.
The lead worked on Christmas day Kazz but he was constantly being held we could try it but not sure how practical it would be while we want to go about our business.
If it was left trailing he would play with it and see it as a game when you needed to pick it up.
Gorden said earlier he just doesn't focus.
Still trying to keep smiling Sue.

Sue glad to hear the garage is looking into the car problem. Does that mean Ben will need to borrow your car again while his is in the garage ?
Fingers crossed it will be a quick fix.
griff that parking on my driveway would do my head in. Glad the cameras are sorted for now.
Kazz enjoy your day.
Chris enjoy breakfast.
brenda enjoy your walk if going on one.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2024, 11:05 AM
Morning all
Sue, has Ben filled up with petrol?? Believe it or not, if you don't screw the petrol cap on correctly...or if it's grubby, it will cause the engine management light to come on....happens all the time with my dad's BMW, I bought a new cap and it sorted it for a while. Also, I have my own obd2 scanner...they are about £20 and it will tell you the fault code, Google it and it tells you what it is and then you can figure out if you want to clear it, I always take a photo of the reader screen so if needed I can show the mechanic. Good that the garage are going to foot the bill, hopefully it's easily fixed, I do not want you going through the car hunt again!!
Lynn, I hope Brewster does what Kota did, just get up one morning and be o.k. Yes, my stress levels were through the roof yesterday but the workmen are back this morning and the drive was clear when I checked..... shouldn't ever need to be put in the situation of having to ask people to move.....let alone 3 times.
The camera are o.kish, not fully happy this morning but really don't want to try and climb a ladder....I could get up if I took it slow but I really wouldn't be able to get down, it's £50 call out for my mate that does CCTV plus anything else he does so that's going to be upwards of £100
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2024, 12:58 PM
Nothing is cheap anymore, is it ?
Glad the workmen saw sense today.

We strolled into the town we needed a new bit for the side gate, Brewster did some howling and whining but he is spending more time laying down resting. Only an hour again but it all helps.
He wasn't too bad at greeting us coming in and he was doing so well then he got ott with Gorden so it was a battle again.
He seems to have no submission about him whatsoever.

It is just a constant battle between them at random times.
He was good with me in fact i sat on the sofa and watched, Michael said to me you need to stay out of it and quiet mum and let them sort the order of things, I mean it has to be Gorden is top of the order but my word it is tiring watching and listening and tiring for Gorden who is getting weary of it all.
He will be 67 this year you don't need to be fighting naughty dogs nearly all of the time.
It takes the joy out of having him.
So I sincerely hope he does what kota did soon.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

He is now laying peacefully in the garden before his lunch.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2024, 06:11 PM
Good afternoon all

Been to work then to the allotment to see if we have flooded not to bad at all. Home a chat with a friend on the phone and now on here.

Lynn Your lad is right its not good you backing Gorden up or getting Brewster to bahve by intervention they have to sort themselves out and obviously Gorden needs the respect maybe he does not give off that confidence you do to Brewster hence the issue the penny will drop and in years to come you will be saying "we has slight issue with Brewster but nothing worth mentioning lol"

Sue are you loosing you car again to you lad, when his wife comes over later this year they will have two cars so you should be alright then LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2024, 07:47 PM
I backed off quite a while back Kazz, when Michael was here in August he said back off mum.
I did and it was the right thing to do absolutely it is now seeming that Gorden is getting so peed off with him he is beginning to fight back a bit (not literally).

Michael did say over Christmas when Gorden arrived from looking after Freya Christmas Eve and Brewster was a total nightmare as soon as he walked through the door he had never seen dad look so defeated.
Gorden seems to have found his mojo again, lets hope he can keep it up.

Glad the allotment isn't flooded Kazz.
Mark and Lauren's road is flooded not up to their house thankfully the bit of their road up to the junction is flooded so for now they have to drive in another way, luckily they can do that.
Freya wanted to jump in it but it's quite deep then she was worried daddy might not be able to get home.
Gorden might have to take another way in on Monday. The worry is the temperatures are dropping and it might freeze.

The rivers around this way are really high and one in Lincolnshire not far from here has burst its bank but thankfully we have flood plains.
Welney Wash the road mainly used in and out of Upwell where we used to live is flooded again it had been bad before Christmas just subsided and now cannot be driven through again.

I would really like the rian to stop now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2024, 08:24 PM
Hopefully Gorden's mojo will win it has to really for a harmonious household
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2024, 08:51 PM
It absolutely does Kazz.
It's been a bit more positive this afternoon and this evening after the episode in the garden before our walk.

We don't expect him to not be a puppy but the relentless jumping and biting at clothes when it starts is tiring, hopefully Gorden's stance with him earlier has started to sink in.
We will see what awaits us tomorrow.