Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all

What a gorgeous day. Sun shining and quite mild for February. We all enjoyed our morning jaunt

Funnily enough, despite the sunshine, not many people were out today (just as we like it)

We are watching the Mr Bates vs the Post Office story on TV each night this week and it's really showing just how disgraceful the whole thing was and still is in a lot of cases. Poor people
I too am watching that and thought of Moyra not sure if it affected her but sure something had being postmistress.

Horendous how they were treated
i
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
little known knowledge. There is a time difference around the world for one good reason. If everyone got up at the same time the world would not be balanced. Imagine everyone going to work at the same time may cause the world to tip over or even spin faster. Logic comes to the forfront yet again.:
Well there you go and I thought it was because the queue for lunch would of been too long.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon brenda, Barry and all to follow.
Dry here and we have had some sun.
We walked to Tesco for a few bits so Brewster was left for around an hour on his own.
No damage he had scratched the rug up slightly which made it difficult to get in the middle door but that was all.

Glad things are getting sorted brenda and that you had a nice time with Margaret.
There was me thinking the alcohol was the problem of me feeling a bit lopsided Barry.

Hoping everyone is ok and having a good day.
The boy is doing good an hour is a good amount of time, can you see him when you are out? and is he just settling down now?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Afternoon all
Brenda, hope your husband gets a placement soon, mum got chucked in a care home when she came out of hospital...I found that hilarious but not nearly so funny as the fact she was put on the geriatric ward at 62 years old!
Lynn, I think I will use Barry's theory for excusing me when I am drunk
Chris, hope Gary is soon sorted with social services and we too are watching mr bates and the post office.... it's absolutely bloody disgusting what happened and is still happening to those poor people.
I have apparently been referred to Oxford....I had a call from one of the partners at the Dr regarding my complaint, he tried his best to cover for her but I think he realised it was indefensible.
Oxford will you be going by train or will Steve take you? Or will you even go. So what the next steps in your complaint?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2024, 06:45 PM
We forgot to turn the camera round today Kazz, so we couldn't see or hear what he was up to.
He has been extremely naughty today with Gorden, we are trialling the 3 meals again from today and I am adding low release carbohydrates upping his amount and see how that goes.
Next step behaviourist if he keeps targeting Gorden to see where things have gone wrong, or if it is down to lack of learning manners from other dogs due to all his issues since 5 months old.
He is not like it with me.

He is treading a fine line with Gorden he is getting very down and despondent and isn't sure how much more he can take if we can't sort him.
It reminds me of my awful time with Zanta and in the end I had to admit defeat and return her.

It breaks my heart to think of it and I wasn't the one who necessarily wanted a puppy to be honest.

Fingers crossed it can be sorted between them.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 07:32 PM
Lynn my heart goes out to you but if it were down to lacking manners would it not occur whatever the circumstances/person involved he is targeting as you say Gorden because he knows he can in effect for want of better words "get away with it" If it were lack of learning manners he would be the same regardless wth all. SOunds like a behaviourist may be you option he is only a pup yet and a big one but you cannot have this going on,

I recall you speaking of Zanta she was a cross wasn't she a Bern x Newfoundland or Bern x St Bernard? I recall you saying she was rehomed before she was 1 I think due to a clash of personalities. Sometimes we try and they go to another home and different dog. Not saying this will occur with Brewster but a behaviourist sounds a good idea.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 07:42 PM
Kazz, it will be train,Steve works and I can't expect him to lose pay to take me.
I am not going any further with the complaint, I have said no treatment via that Dr, been discharged from uhcw and got my referral.
Ahhh, you have a busy month this month!!
Lynn, tell Gorden to take a breath and in all honesty, I would try the behaviourist, when I got Kota she was dreadful, nasty, aggressive and I was going to have to have her PTS, at 10 weeks I as her 4th home and I can see how! I was undergoing chemotherapy and was exhausted and having had 2 dogs who were a dream compared to her....well, I even considered topping myself! I got in touch with a lady I had used previously Marie miller and she invited us along to her class and then as the weeks progressed, she passed me onto my friend Jan, once they had Kota, it wa easy to see her behaviour, apparently, she is incredibly bright and she knows what to do to get her own way...they taught me techniques to manage her and I love her to bits now, my vet has commented on how well behaved she is lol. Perhaps if it comes from a " professional" he will take more notice?? That worked with my dad
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 07:44 PM
Lynn is a behaviourist covered by your insurance?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Kazz, it will be train,Steve works and I can't expect him to lose pay to take me.
I am not going any further with the complaint, I have said no treatment via that Dr, been discharged from uhcw and got my referral.
Ahhh, you have a busy month this month!!
Lynn, tell Gorden to take a breath and in all honesty, I would try the behaviourist, when I got Kota she was dreadful, nasty, aggressive and I was going to have to have her PTS, at 10 weeks I as her 4th home and I can see how! I was undergoing chemotherapy and was exhausted and having had 2 dogs who were a dream compared to her....well, I even considered topping myself! I got in touch with a lady I had used previously Marie miller and she invited us along to her class and then as the weeks progressed, she passed me onto my friend Jan, once they had Kota, it wa easy to see her behaviour, apparently, she is incredibly bright and she knows what to do to get her own way...they taught me techniques to manage her and I love her to bits now, my vet has commented on how well behaved she is lol. Perhaps if it comes from a " professional" he will take more notice?? That worked with my dad
Train is a good option. Hope it all getsa sorted Griff
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 08:42 PM
There's no direct coach Kazz, I would have to go to Birmingham and then get the coach down to Oxford then a taxi out to the hospital, it's not John Radcliffe I need, it's the Nuffield I need to get to. The only way I can see is train and then taxi to hospital and taxi back to the train station and then back here. There's a bus that goes near but it's not near the train station and I certainly wouldn't feel confident the first time trying to get around Oxford and to the hospital on time.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >