Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2024, 07:51 AM

Wednesday 3rd January 2024

Morning everyone. Well what can I say it is raining again. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. I have been sorting out paperwork of husbands and will go back round again to his flat when I have phoned the hospital later. Anyway hope you all have a good day today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2024, 09:21 AM
Good Morning Brenda and all to pop on apologies for my absence but what with work, life and last bit of catching up all finished now for 3 days as off now.

Skip run today as the bin men are due today ut do not come again till next Wed (joys of Christmas rota from council) and recycling also due today not until the 17th so needs must. May pop round some shops depends how I feel actually or may come home and simply chill.

Brenda Hope the sorting is going okay, no rian here as of yet but who knows.

Sue So back to school runs today then. Hope they are up.LOL Did everyone return to their own places of residence okay?

Chris Social workers are not fast in the caring proffesion at appearing in my histoiry anyhow then have a habit of disappearing when needed hope Gary gets a less elusive one. Yes bare without decorations by next year Ted will be a old hand.

Lynn Yesterday sounds like a socially overwhelming day for Brewster but next time he will hopefully remeber this time and step n easier. Hope today is a good day walking and getting back into life for him and you two.

Griff Hope all is going well with you, expect you have the simialr type of weather coldish and damp stay warm and dry my friend.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2024, 10:09 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Still a bit overwhelming for him today not sure why he was so hyper this morning.
He was in a clothes grabbing mood and naughty on his walk, he did meet a dog going by through the gate but he was already wound up.
We feel a little reassured by his behaviour that someone on one of the Bernese groups is at their wits end with the jumping up, mouthing and clothes grabbing. So many others are going through what we are.
Don't get me wrong Ollie and Dillon and our Max were nio angels but by now they had started to redirect onto a toy. Brewster no he just doesn't hear or take it in at the moment.
We have to wait for the brain fairy to arrive so we have a good while yet usually about 2 it arrives.
I am keeping a diary so when we get despondent we can look back and see things are improving albeit slowly.

I also think losing a friend just before Christmas and knowing how ill Pete has been and now at the end of life care is not putting us in the right frame of mind to deal with some of Brewsters behaviour.

brenda I hope everything can be sorted without too many problems.
Kazz a day to slow down and enjoy.
Chris I do not miss the days of d
griff I hope you are keeping as well as can be xpected.ealing with Social services for mum, it's been a few years now but I feel your pain.
Sue I hope the journey today has not been to awful and I hope its not to bad picking up.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2024, 11:17 AM
Good morning all

No rain apart from the very odd spit and spot, but we went early because the forecast does show us getting it at around noon. Funny thing is, the sun has started to come out now we are back.

Lynn, don't give up hope. Ted can still redirect at times when he's highly excited but he's getting a little bit better week on week and now it's manageable. I think it's harder to deal with the older we get to be honest so it's not all down to the dog, but us having just that little bit less patience

The rule of thumb here is that social workers are allocated for six weeks. I think they have a bit of a backlog at the moment because even the financials haven't been sorted yet. After that six weeks, if you need their services it's not guaranteed you will get the same one.. When we were applying to get him in Barratt Court where he is now, we had four different social workers and that was just on the last application. Stupid isn't it?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2024, 11:30 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope paperwork is soon sorted Brenda

Kazz have a good day and hope the rain holds off for your tip run

You will get there Lynn. As Chris said the older we get the les patience we have bt he has also missed a lot of his puppyhood sons a bit later in his behaviour stakes, I hope.

Chris hope the social work is soon sorted for Gary you could bot do with a break.

No school runs today so went to Tescos early. I was going to walk Teazle but it was raining hard so swapped my options. Walked Teazle once back but as usual it rained half way. I have also now finished with the decorations as outside lights are now packed away.

Train journey yesterday for my sister was changed as no trains running from Hastings to Eastbourne as someone had fallen on the line, so had to take her to another one that is a couple of stops up from Eastbourne. From there I went to Ben's as I had to take Maria to gymnastics. Took Paul to local station later as trains were then behaving. The roads were not too bad but plenty of puddles across roads.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2024, 01:39 PM
Well I have been doing some research and we are going to try the 4 meals a day again, we moved from that to 3 then to 2 but I have been reading he might be having an energy spike due to the two larger meals rather than the 4 smaller meals.
That is an experiment and we start tomorrow it does make sense.
We went for a ride in the car to the shop to get him some food and he behaved very well. The hemp oil must have kicked in.
You are right about having less patience as we get older plus all the sorrow in our lives at the moment.

Chris everything crossed you get through this muddle of the Social workers.
Sue Michael most times has the problem with trains. He did ok from Stanstead to here for a change Christmas eve but he was having trouble booking to get back to Stanstead when he left from here.
We usually have to take him to another station. He said what is wrong with your transport system in the UK.
Madrid no issues metro or overground.