Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by rune
You really don't understand what the law says do you? Funny as it is you who is saying no one understands!

If you make the showing part of a working test you are comforming to the law---and you could show your working dogs with docked tails. Problem solved.

Nothing to do with what I want. I am not the one moaning about it and I don't need proof. I am suggesting a way of getting round the law.
I understand the law, I just don't understand you!

There's no need to add a showing part into the working test as 95% of shows no longer ask for an entrance fee so legally docked can be shown anyway. The problem most people have is the inequality. The KC bleet on about "fit for function" only for dogs that are docked so they can be "fit for function" to be excluded from some shows.

Originally Posted by rune
Thats why I asked. The question was answered. I still think cutting bits off a dog stinks----but I am kind enough to suggest a solution for you. I think the campaign is a loser but I expect it'll keep a few people busy for a while
Ahhhh rune dear, you shouldn't have to ask! If you know so much about docking you should know the difference between the breeds and therefore the need to dock certain ones. Tut tut.....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
They are lawfully docked to WORK----not to show! Choice----work or show or----best one DON'T DOCK.

rune

rune
Only at shows where the public pay an entrance fee, which as I've said only counts for about 5% of Champ Shows these days. The law in this case, is a complete ass!

I love dual purpose breeds, why would you want to split them! The dogs can do the job they were bred to do and are bred to look the part as well. There's just no pleasing some people is there!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I love dual purpose breeds, why would you want to split them! The dogs can do the job they were bred to do and are bred to look the part as well
fully agree
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I'd like it fair as well---all tails kept on!

Jack russells you can't show anyway and dobermannns---no excuse.

rune
And the English Pointer?

Jack Russells you CAN show, even if you are talking companion shows they are done by KC rules, so the docking ban still applies. Parson Russell are now docked, the short legged JRT are exhibited in Ireland. As I said I LIKE the way they look, the Dobe, Boxer, Weimaraner and so many others didnt suffer awful injuries on their tails when they didnt have them.

What "tests" would you have Terriers do, in the same vein as you are suggesting tests for gundogs?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
And the English Pointer?

Jack Russells you CAN show, even if you are talking companion shows they are done by KC rules, so the docking ban still applies. Parson Russell are now docked, the short legged JRT are exhibited in Ireland. As I said I LIKE the way they look, the Dobe, Boxer, Weimaraner and so many others didnt suffer awful injuries on their tails when they didnt have them.

Next it'll be that old chestnut "Well why aren't Labradors docked then?"!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:05 PM

We did have that question earlier, unbelievably.

Cut 'em all off solve all the problems!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:10 PM
We did have that question earlier, unbelievably.

Cut 'em all off solve all the problems!
We are still talking about dogs tails, right?!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:15 PM
We are still talking about dogs tails, right?!
Welllllll, yeah at the moment.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:19 PM
And the English Pointer?

What "tests" would you have Terriers do, in the same vein as you are suggesting tests for gundogs?
You are being daft again----Ireland allows docking so that is irrelevant. The short legged JRT's can't be shown at the champ shows like Crufts anyway.

I LIKE the way dogs look as nature made them---before humans chopped them around to suit the way they liked to look at them.

Luckily for me the law now says it is mutilation and doesn't encourage it.

As I said before its like arguing with a welsh dog trainer about e collars

We are going round in circles.

Don't suppose the law will change and as it stands I am happier with it than I was before when tails could be chopped off regardless.

Don't have any sympathy with the organisation or the people who are moaning.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:21 PM

The old ones are usually the best---then you can get your stock answers out!

rune
Page 14 of 29 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »