View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 06:57 AM

I don't understand what this judge is doing?

What is this woman doing to this poor dog? Look how the poor thing is terrified to go near her afterwards! I'm completely appalled! I confess to being pretty ignorant about judging small breeds but surely this is not normal or acceptable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRyREk20v7w
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
sorry i cant answer your question but this was just horrible to watch!
what a shame for that poor dog. surely thats not acceptable?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 07:23 AM
I've seen this video before and I can't for the life of me understand why the hell she is doing that either?

If she tried to do that to a dog of mine, I swear I would knock her head off. I think it is disgusting the way she is man-handling the poor wee thing and shaking it around. She should be banned from judging IMO
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 07:55 AM
I don't know if you've read the comments, but there are a couple which appear to be from the owner (though of course no way of knowing for sure). She says

"It has been said my dog nearly fell off the table and Ana the judge heroically saved him. This is not true. It has also been said I gave the judge permission to do some training with my dog whilst on the table. Again this is not true. I would not have allowed it anyway. It all happened so suddenly. It was a case of Caesar my dog MUST stand. Ana shakes Caesar, a very firm grip of the neck so that he does not move.

She said the following "you are a beautiful dog, has a beautiful head, the body is very beautiful, strong legs, beautiful eyes, very good teeth and two healthy testicles...I'll show you how you should stand him...then she started the cruel behavior. It's all very well on the film. Where I nodded my head approvingly is because she told me everything is fine with him just need to train him more"

The frightening thing is that no-one else around seemed to be concerned by the judges actions. At least judging by the comments, she has been reported to the FCI and the video is clear evidence of her behaviour - lets hope they do something about it.
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Oh My God, I couldn't watch it till the end it made me feel sick
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 09:43 AM
That is just shocking!! What on earth was she doing?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Disgusting, I wouldnt have stood for that and would have left the ring - but then again if I was in the line waiting I too would leave..

I think what she is trying to do is correctly stand him, I have heard before from some 'old fashioned' breeders/chowers that if you pertend to drop the dog off the table it will realise it needs to stand still and not move about.
Sadly that dog looked ever so scared, Im surprised it didnt bite her. All that judge has done is possibly make that dog table/hand shy, something no show dog should be.

Lovely little mover he is, I hope his owner can train him a little more in a positive way.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I would have slapped her
ATD x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I honestly thought for a second the video was a joke film of someone attempting to make a balloon dog!!!!!

What the hell is she trying to achieve??? The dog was stood perfectly well until she tried to twist it's bloody neck off!