Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well I only wish I'd known that for the past year, coz my puppy got a whole yoghurt pot every single day I did it after she started getting tummy probs and it seemed to work, but thank goodness it didn't cause any other problems, coz nothing has shown up yet. You learn something every day on here!
Yikes, well hopefully no harm done.

Google calcium intake and puppies - lot's of info on the interweb.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Whoo we have poop!

I went into the kitchen and I could hear a very faint crying, I went to investigate and he was in the conservatory (he had been sitting behind me at the computer on a bed), so I opened the outside door and he went out and had a poop, still soft but a huge improvement (how sad am I getting excited about poo!)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Lol! You're not sad, we've all been guilty of that, and some of us still are with our fully grown dogs!!!! So glad all is well now, let's hope it continues.xxx

Thanks for the info on the calcium Labman and Labradork, I spent all afternoon on Google!!!!! You're right and it's something I never knew about!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Our girls are allergic to yogort. Was givimg them teasp natural bio yog in their main feed. They both developed jumbo lips which went bright red. Vet advised no dairy at all. Dont know about harvey, never tried him with it!

When folk recommend yog i usually dont say anything. Ours seem to be only dogs in uk with dairy allergy - that ive come across!!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Did not have a good night last night, I popped him in his crate for bedtime as usual, but instead of just wingeing a bit and then sleeping he cried and cried, I tried to ignore him but I was afraid he was going to wake everyone up, my lad Sam looked a bit distressed (he was on the bed with me), I put some newspaper on the floor next to the door and left his crate door open so he could wander around and sleep in his crate if he wanted, but he kept crying and jumping up at the bed.
It's my own fault, I have been going back to bed at about 4 am after taking him out and just popping him on the bed with me so I didn't wake everyone up as he cries and the crate is quite noisy (the crate is next to my bed so I can hear if he needs to go out in the night), he is quite happy to curl up and sleep next to me and I have made a rod for own back. I was anticipating him sleeping on the bed with me when he was older but wanted him to be safe at night as I worry about him falling off the bed and hurting himself.
lesleyo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2010, 02:13 PM
lol, i have been through all you have described in the last 6mths, and until i read your posts i had forgotten how paranoid i was about every little thing!!

i put mine on the bed with me so i knew where he was in the night, now he is still there and "my side" of the bed seems to be getting smaller i would try very soon to put him on the floor, i wish i had! oh and wait until he starts snoring in your ear............ then you know you did it wrong
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3