Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-02-2011, 12:32 AM

Do we need this section?

Hi Guys - I was thinking that perhaps we could change this section as a subsection of the main Diet and Nutrition section, but then after looking through that section there seems to be lots of Raw-related threads without any problems, so think maybe we just use that section?

We originally set-up this section for Raw feeders to post without having to worry about 'anti-raw' people - but it seems Raw feeding has become more and more 'acceptable' over the years... especially in light of new evidence (of grains being 'bad' etc). So do we really need it?

So the options are:
  • Scrap it and encourage all Raw chat in the main Diet & Nutrition section (which seems to be happening anyway)
  • Rename it to 'Raw Feeding' and make it a sub-section of the Diet & Nutrition section
  • Leave it here and let people use it if they want to.

There's pros and cons for each, but I do think there's merit in making it a sub-section - as it's such a big topic and much more popular these days... interested in your thoughts!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 01:13 AM
IMO it would be good to either keep it here, or have it as a sub-section in Diet & nutrition. I just think it will be easier for people, who are looking for info about raw feeding, to look through the threads all in one place rather than search for ages through the whole Diet & nutrition section or start a new thread to run over the basics. I know that when i first started raw, i read every single thread in this section
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 06:40 AM
As a partial raw feeder, I would prefer to keep it. To make it a subsection wouldn't be a problem at all.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 07:39 AM
sub section !
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Perhaps a sub-section? Especially if you go through with the idea of other sub-sections under 'Diet'.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2011, 08:50 AM
id merge this and several other sections on the forum.

dogsey looks way too busy and not very user friendly, streamlining would be great.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I think a Raw Feeding subsection of the diet part (along with the other kinds having their own subsections) is a good idea. Then a generic diet section for those who are asking for opinions on all kinds of feeding or just have questions about the dog's weight, treats, etc.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 09:52 AM
I'd go for the idea of it being a subsection, therefore easier for new rawfeeders to find; but also a place where we can't get flamed or listen to stories of so and so's milkmans auntie's sister's husband's dog dying due to being fed those nasty bones (which later transpires to being cooked).

I used to get looked down upon for ever daring mentioning the word raw in the diet section before this section was created, can you tell?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:12 AM
I`m not sure raw feeders ARE a separate sub-section. I mean, we`ve all fed different stuff to different dogs at different times. It`s all food.
I`d leave it.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`m not sure raw feeders ARE a separate sub-section. I mean, we`ve all fed different stuff to different dogs at different times. It`s all food.
I`d leave it.
I understand what you mean, but when someone is reading through a few threads to learn how to raw feed and they have to trawl through lots of posts of people saying it's bad etc etc when they have no actual experiance of feeding raw, it's tiresome.

Having a seperate subsection for raw means that only people with experiance of feeding raw, wishing to share experiances and knowledge can post, if you see what I mean.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >