Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 10:24 AM

Skye crying after spay.

Skye was fine after her spay last night, however since getting up this morning she is whining and crying a lot and is having trouble sleeping, she has had the painkiller the vets gave, Is it normal to for them to be moany after the op or should I get her back to the vets.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Forgot to add, she is also being very clingy
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi stormey. Poor skye, sounds like she is suffering a little. She may well be in some discomfort. Out of interest what did they give her?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 10:28 AM
It was metacam, she seems ok otherwise, she has already been barking at nextdoors dog and started her fave face biting game with star.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Why not ring the vets - think it sounds like she is feeling some discomfort and the painkiller perhaps isn't helping - hope she feels better soon.

I would think she is clingy just so she knows you are around.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Takara was very quiet and didn't want to see anyone at first, then she got very clingy. However, she had no trouble sleeping and only really cried because everything was different and she wasn't allowed to do her normal thing.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I have rung the vets, they said to wait a while for the metacam to kick in and if still the same take her down, I just hate seeing her like this so thought I would see if anyone else here has had a simmilar expeirience.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Metatcam is really good stuff. She may feel a little out of sorts. If she is generally fine in herself then see how she goes, but as always if you are worried then call the vets.
The clingyness is normal, and I've known lost of bitches who do moan after being speyed kind of an "oohh oowww that hurts" type thing. But if you are worried and she goes right off then do take her back just to be safe
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:38 AM
My bitch was in some discomfort after being spayed. I understand some vets dont give pain relief, as this way the dogs are less active (because they are in pain).

My view is, give her from the vet whatever she needs to help her cope and be pain free, at least for the first couple of days.

Good luck
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I have rung the vets, they said to wait a while for the metacam to kick in and if still the same take her down, I just hate seeing her like this so thought I would see if anyone else here has had a simmilar expeirience.
Hope she starts to feel better soon - {{gentle hug}}
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >