View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 12:13 PM
We have these floors all over the downstairs and i would never use neat bleach! Aside from the burning of the bleach the smell would be awful!!

Will have a look at that mop as with 3 dogs its gets to be a nighmare cleaning floor in this house
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I have just been looking at these steam cleaners myself as they seem just the job as we have wooden floors with rugs and a ceramic tiled kitchen floor.I have noticed the price does vary quite a bit on different brands so i think its research time but the H20 one does seem popular.Regards cleaning laminate it does say on the sales video that it is ideal to be used on laminate flooring.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Just thought I'd share my non-steam mop owner laminate cleaning

Hoover
Hot water and detergent (mop)
Dry using a flat mop, if time (this also picks up a bit more hair, I find and leaves a nice finish)

I have used bleach but I would never use it neat. No way.

Steam mop may be something to think about getting though...
I did used to use a small amount of Simple Solution in very hot water and I found that great but the price went up and its about £8.00 a bottle now!!

I'm liking the idea of no chemicals with the steam mop....
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I like the look of the H2O mop as well.... but a bit priicey for me at the moment. Does anyone know of any cheaper models that are as good?
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Where did you get your steam mop please? I have two houses, one with laminate flooring and the other with solid wood flooring. On both of these surfaces I use heavily diluted bleach (wouldnt dream of using neat) in hot water once a week and the other times I use Zoflora. Sounds like the steam mop could be a goer for me?
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Amazon have some good prices for steam mops!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2