Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 06:51 PM

warm enough to travel?

i really didnt know where to put this so feel free to move it!!

Im driving to great yarmouth on saturday morning(leaving at 3.30am as its a 4hr drive) but im borrowing a van and am having the dogs in the back in their crates. what im wondering is how warm/cold does it get in the back of the van? it is totally sectioned off and i dont want them getting a chill- althought they are gsds i want their muscles nice and warm and relaxed for the comp. they ahve a thin fleece each i could put on them- will it be necessary?
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 07:12 PM
My dogs travel around in the back of a van all the time and are never cold - Malamute, GSD, Lab and Border Terrier ... or if they are cold - they hide it well and don't complain
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 07:53 PM
You can get heat pads from Pet outlets that plug into the cigarette lighter in cars. I use them in the whelping box and they are pretty good at keeping them warm without making them hot. Get the feeling that they are a bit "toy dog" though. Probably not for butch large breeds
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
You can get heat pads from Pet outlets that plug into the cigarette lighter in cars. I use them in the whelping box and they are pretty good at keeping them warm without making them hot. Get the feeling that they are a bit "toy dog" though. Probably not for butch large breeds:grin:
lol, sadie, butch? i dont think so!! shes a princess(and has a new pink collar for agility that says so on it! )

but i do think the heat pad is for the smaller types lol
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Okay then, how about a pink fleecy blanket for the back of the van but it has to say "princess" on it It's only what she deserves
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 09:20 PM
We transported six dogs back from Ireland at the end of January. Set out on the journey at 7:00pm and travelled til 5:00am the next morning and they were absolutely fine