Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 05:38 PM

few problems!!

mishka has been very quiet, not wanting to run about much, sleeping alot, lethargic, passed some slimy, clear stuff fvrom vulva after a wee about 2 months ago i think it was. Today vets checked her urine, it had raised white blood cells, crystals, some of the other sections on stick were raised colours too, one colour the vet couldn't understand why it was the colour it was(did that make sense)!! . vet gave her 2 weeks of antibiotics, incase its a infection, a bag of CD diet & we need to take 2 urine samples to vet to be sent off for testing tomorrow, will get result of them in a weeks time. vet suspects mishka may possibly be forming stones in bladder as wee's frequently too, but no blood/ pain that i have seen. Anyone had any experiences of this at-all with their dog?? she is eating ok too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Haven't any experience , but hoping Mishka will be feeling better soon.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Roxy had crystals in her urine. She was on AB's and RD diet and it cleared up in a couple of weeks.
She's was really bad though - peeing everywhere - just couldn't hold it, poor lamb.

Hope my gorgeous girlie Mishka is feeling better soon, Rose.

Big hugs x0x0x
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 06:44 PM
hi vicki, she has weed on lounge floor a few times too.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher View Post
hi vicki, she has weed on lounge floor a few times too.
I know what you're going through. It seemed every morning there was a stream of wee on the lounge carpet, then every afternoon when I got home from work there was another one. As Roxy doesn't wee in one spot (she thinks she's a horse, and wees as she walks ) it was everywhere and the smell was awful - really strong. I seemed to spend every day on my hands and knees scrubbing. It was only getting the Vax carpet cleaner on it that actually lifted the pong.

You know that your dog's not well when they start weeing indoors.

Poor little love - please give her a gentle hug for me, Rose x0x
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Hope she's feeling better soon. Poor thing, urine infections can be so painful sometimes.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Lots of hugs given from you vicki to your baby girl, thanx fliggle & Lynn. Just looked back & mishka passed the slimy stuff after her wee in december, bloods didn't show anything abnormal. so this has been going on for 2 months now. Lets hope the urine samples come up with a answer to put her right.xxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Please keep us posted, Rose. I've got everything crossed here that it's just an infection that can be cleared quickly with the right medication x0x
arwrestling
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I know with Stanley, while doing research about it, peeing a lot indoors usually means stones of somekind which, according to our vet, are not super dangerous if there are not many of them. Keep an eye out though, as long as urine passes she should be ok (that,s how it was for Stanley) if she stops urinating you should get her to a vet... Stones does not (in my experience) cause blood, at least not always...

Stanley did not bleed in his urine, he just urinated a lot, we just didn't know what was going on... Miseducation on our part.

So keep an eye out on her and as much as it sucks cleaning pee everyday (I've been there lol) it also means stones are not blocking the passage... hope that helps...

Best advice I can give is to keep an eye out, until you get the results back and finds out for sure... k?
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanx arwrestling, she only has an accident now & then, not often , does lots of little wees, don't actually check if she is passing urine when doing these little wees but when in garden she is weeing.Licks at herself lots too.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >