View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:30 PM
This is the only forum i have ever been on in my life, about anything not just dogs.... I don't think i would ever join any others, I've always found everyone most welcoming and friendly

I think its just the same as "real life", it takes a bit of time for people to get to know you
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I would say yes some forums do appear to be clique,
Dogsey never has been and never will be .

I have only ever taken part on one big forum other than Dogsey ( but have read many) and in spite of behaving as Mel suggested it was not a happy experience .

One thing I would like to say, sometimes I worry that people who post on the forums here and receive few replies may feel that they are being ignored. This is not the case, I know lots of members reply to as many posts as they can regardless of who posts them, old or new member . The problem is it's just not possible for most of us to reply to every post .

I have the greatest problem in the picture section, I really would like to look at all the lovely dogs and reply to every single thread but because of a lack of time I have to restrict my replies to the few breeds of which I am most fond (and those with beards ) and for that I am really sorry....
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
i like every1. you are all my friends new or old.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:17 PM
i go on a few sites and if i find them intimidating i just dont bother going on there, i just delete my membership. i used to go on an american cat site, and they where rude to the point of just ignoring what u had to say. no manners at all.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:25 PM
joining a new forum can seem like this but members are made welcome here like no other ...new members have to see that many of us have been around a while just type and join in more the merrier
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:26 PM
[

One thing I would like to say, sometimes I worry that people who post on the forums here and receive few replies may feel that they are being ignored. This is not the case, I know lots of members reply to as many posts as they can regardless of who posts them, old or new member . The problem is it's just not possible for most of us to reply to every post .

This is so true Minihaha, if you miss a couple of days, its almost impossible to keep up with all the posts so naturally will miss things. I try to pop on at work but sometimes its not possible.

sorry dont know what happened there, the top bit is supposed to be a quote from Minihaha.....sorry Mini.
poshdogmad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Dogsey does not seem cliquey at all. I only joined a few days ago but everyone made me feel so welcome!
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Dogsey ? Well I come on for a good read, see the familiar names, read your views etc. Particularly helpful as I have no dog now, I can share yours (I hope you'll let me do that?) add a bit of helpful advice sometimes I hope and recommend Dogsey to anyone I know who gets a new dog.
Cliquey - No, helpful, Very, Long may it last Kath
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by poshdogmad View Post
Dogsey does not seem cliquey at all.
Well now, that depends I find that there are cliques here whether or not it is admitted or even recognised

I think there are some folks (myself included) who float around, never in the in crowd but usually spoken to by most
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Particularly helpful as I have no dog now, I can share yours
Share? You can have my dirty seagull bone-eating monster!
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »