Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Afternoon all

Yep, the hair won! I did a quick whiz around the woods so managed to get down there in time, but the poor girl was surprised to see me, cos she said she had just read an e-mail from my which I sent last night cancelling my appointment! Hey ho, she's only a trainee junior and she loves doing my colour (colour is her thaing) so she was happy to see me. I decided to let her shape and tidy up the back, and because she knows how fussy I am, I felt so sorry for her, so I had to keep telling her what a grand job she was doing and it could never be as bad as the disasters I've had in this town over the past 2 years Her hands weren't shaking either, which surprised me cos like I said, she does know me well! Grand job she's done and she said next time, when the top layer has grown down, we can take more off the bottom.

I just had to take Zena out again in the woods, cos it's such a glorious day darn sarf, brilliant sunshine and not a cloud in the sky and so, so warm (sorry Eileen ).

Jenny, thanksxx. Sorry to hear about Flash, wonder what is happening with those boys of yours You do your best, you buy the best, and that's a hefty old price there for a bag of food, but still you get these problems. We're doing very well here on our change of food back to the F4D light not only is the weight falling off Zena, but I can feed her a bit more, with lots of grated carrots to fill her up. I don't think she particularly likes this new kibble, probably cos there's nothing much in it although it's supposed to be salmon and potato but it's very dry and very light, nothing like the other oily kibbles of Arden Grange and the F4D normal foods. It's take it or leave it though, because I must get this weight off her and she's looking glossy and producing good poops t'other end, sorry, too much information it's lunchtime

((((hugs)))) to poor Moyra suffering there and Lorraine.

Lynn, thanks, will ring you later for a chat. Hope you've got this sunshine where you are, but it's rain overnight for us here. I see Dillon is full of beans today then.

June good luck for the x-ray, hope you get good results soon.

Hi Jen, Mandy, and everyone else I've forgotten, but I had a bad night, didn't sleep, and I'm almost falling asleep here now....better make my way to bed for a bit of Jeremey, guaranteed, he always sends me off

Dave home tonight, but that's another story, I just hope he's in a more upbeat mood, but will only know when he walks through that door tonight. If he's all doom and gloom again, then I'm going to take myself off into my neighbours with a bottle of wine, so watch out for a post on my return lol!

Catch you later.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Aww TW,sorry to hear you have to resort to taking anti-leak stuff..guess its just your age ..bless xx
JENNY,poor Flash (( hugs))had a lovely walk thanks Be leaving her shortly for a few hours( Hope it's all its gonna take for this parents meeting )anyway she'll well knackered Hope wee Flash feels better soon xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Cheeky Monkey
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Morning all...

Had a read through, hope all poorlies feel better soon, especially you Lore, try to relax, easier said than done!!!

Jenny your poor boys, wonder why they keep getting so poorly, do they eat a lot whilst out, threaten them with a muzzle LOL Daisy is a scavenger too, and envariably we have results of something most months, either puke, or she won't eat, or upset tum! she has gotten so much better though as she has gotten older! I am worming them at the moment and I swear that dog... last night she wouldn't touch her dinner, as it had worming powder in it, and I had cooked up some mince, carrots and corgette to cover it over and disguise it, but she knew - DARN DOGLET.. eventually she ate it, cause she was hungry!

HI to everyone else xxxxxxx

Off to work, well I am already on the clock but had to do my Dogsey check in. Not much to report here, happy first day of Spring hoping it stays dry today, not got anywhere to go, maybe when Mr M gets home from work we can walk the girls later. No more funny episodes from Daisy, she is perfectly normal and norty and lazy!

TW Good luck with the xray today, will be checking in later to see how you got on.

Happy Thursday everyone xxxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Afternoon all

Myra - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's health and I hope Nigredo is okay

Helena - I'm glad you sorted your docs/hair thing out. I shall watch out for a drunken post later then, but I hope instead you are tucked up happy in your chair with a cheerful Dave.

I hope the school consultations go well Eileen. We had ours the other week, a 10 minute session with the teacher, complete with countdown and alarm when the 10 mins were up.

Oh dear Jenny, what is going on with the dogs?

I hope you are okay Nippy Jenny.

Lorraine - I'm so sorry that you are so unhappy. I hope you get signed off and that your gp can help.

Moyra - I'm very sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

Well done EmmiS for your fundraising!

Good luck with the X-ray June.

Michael is back to the dentist later because the abscess hasn't gone. He's being so brave, even though it's hurting him, but at least he's able to eat well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Oh dear Moyra, sorry to read that you are still suffering
Jenny it was for my annual sight check. It seems I'm not far off my white stick My eyes have degenerated quite a bit apparently. Hubbys were quite bad too. So we are both having new specs
Good luck with your xray June
Sooooo Helena who sent the hairdresser the email?....sorry you lost me there Glad you are pleased with it anyway and I shall be looking out for your drunken posts later
I'm fine thanks LS, I hope all goes well for Michael at the dentist later.
Hubby is watching cricket with his eyes closed tight and funny noises coming from his throat
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 03:17 PM
My dogs do scavenge dreadfully and we have loads of foxes around and birds so there us usually something lying around just waiting to be eaten. However, I think the most likely thing is the raw sewage that every bit of land got infected by and which of course the germs don't just disappear. I wash their feet after EVERY walk and make sure they don't lunge at anything to eat on the verges up to the top field. Flash as you know is very susceptible to HGE but hasn't had a bout for a couple of months now. Rucksack hasn't been prone to an upset tum since last August. The vet has said that Flash will eventually grow out of the HGE and the length of time is getting longer between bouts.

Whenever I open a new sack of food I always make sure it isn't powdery, there are no holes in the bag, etc etc but it was only 4-5 days ago that I opened a large one.

I think I mentioned a couple of days ago that last week there were 5 other dogs that I'd heard about who all had an upset tum .... maybe there is a connection

I never had problems with my last little dog so this is driving me crazy as you can imagine

Moyra You poor thing .... tooth ache is just so blooming miserable as you can't isolate it .... its just there. A huge ((hug)) from me 'cos I know how horrendous teeth can be.
Emmis Glad you are feeling better Well done with the fund raising .... that is one 'ell of a lot of money
June Good luck at the hospital and hopefully the results (which you'll probably have to wait for) will uncover why you've been in so much pain.
Daisy These dogs aren't daft ... well apart from Rucksack who is the easiest dog in the world to medicate but Flash only has to hear me opening a sachet or getting a pill out of a blister pack and he's off So pleased that Daisy hasn't had any odd episodes.
Helena I bet you are looking LUVERLY now .... a nice boost to know you are looking your 'best' when OH comes back after being away for a few day .... I hope he notices Everything crossed that he walks through the door all chirpy.

Well I think we've seen the last of the sunshine here in the SE now for a few days ... but it has been lovely while it lasted and a real bonus after the vile weather earlier in the year. We only have to think back to this time last year when we had freezing temperatures day after day.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon folks and see you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 03:21 PM
LS Sorry I missed you out but wanted to say good luck to little Michael and that poorly tooth. I'll have to look back on yesterday's thread to see if that new dress looked good on Carys.
Nippy Oh dear you both need new glasses. I MUST go and get my eyes tested 'cos I haven't had them done for about 7 years Did you choose new frames or are you sticking to your current ones .... its all so expensive isn't it. Have a sit down, a cuppa and a piece of cake .... that'll help
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Oh heck afternoon to everyone that's posted.
Moyra sorry to hear the pain from the teeth are still bad roll on Monday.
Well done Em the fund raising is going well.
Jenny sorry to hear Flash was sick thank goodness for the AB's. I thin the same its ore to do with all the sewage and stuff that has been left behind than food.
Oh dear Jenny Nippy will we be safe if we drive to Devon if you and Brian are on the roads.
June good luck with the x-ray hope you don't have to longer wait.
I hope Lacey's tummy stayed dry Eileen.
Linda nice to see you and sorry I am now forgetting what people wrote. Hope Loki is ok and the children.
Hello Helena glad the hair went well and looking forward to our chat later.
Is that everyone ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Well I'm still sat here, not gone anywhere, should really be at the garage now getting this stuff put in the car......rush hour soon..need to make a move
Poor little Michael he is being such a brave boy isn't he.
Jenny, it must be really pi$$ing you off big time, all this tummy stuff, I do remember you saying about the dogs being poorly.
Hair sounds lovely Helena, I really really hope Dave comes home in a decent frame of mind tonight, but this has happened before , he gets on a real downer, you absolutely dread the night he gets back, and he is fine with you, like he has some sort of alarm in his head when he goes too far down the depressed road.
ooh Nippy with the white stick, can Red Adair maybe have sensors fitted so's you don't run anyone over
I really need to get going don't I, its raining and that always puts me off going anywhere, doesn't take much anyway lol
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »