register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Helena, we did try to get some company for Zena when Ash was looking for a home, and who couldn't resist Ash, but Dave did
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Oh yes my darling Ash I wish I could have had him. How's he doing now by the way, do you ever hear from them at all? What about Sasha too cos they were the ones who you tried and tried to get some info from but it was never forthcoming was it? I don't bother any more with my breeder cos she never replied when I used to send her pics and updates last year, but then she's had a couple more litters since, so she's not interested in my little Zena is she

Lynn, I can't vouch for 6 (yet!) but I can vouch for 5 as Zena will be 5 in November. She is one dog who never, ever did the running into me bit, although others have, so I s'pose that's one thing to be grateful for. Don't count on those agility and games either, cos I used to walk Zena before heading off to agility class, she'd do everything at break neck speed, and when we got home, out would come the ball There's no peace Lynn I don't like to command her to go and lie down because I look back to all those times she was sick and wanted to lie in her bed after a walk, that I kind of like her being such a loon. The guy down the road who has 6shepherds, loves coming here and playing with Zena, he thinks she's tops, and would take her in a heartbeat, purely because of her non stop enthusiasm. No, don't knock it Lynn, you have yourself one very happy, healthy, exhuberant boy and who could ever wish for more Zena would wear him out though I'm sure of that

Whilst on our walk, we met the black shepherd again with his little jr pal, and although he came stalking up to Zena offlead, everything was fine cos she had met him yesterday and she likes him. The jr, however, I think Zena has fallen head over heels with, cos she lets him sniff her backside, her tails going like the clappers and she just won't leave him alone, she would really love to play with him, but sadly she can't cos the big boy gets jealous and he then barks at her, although not a nasty bark, more like a yip bark to send her away from his mate. I told him I will walk with him next time we meet up even if it means me turning around cos it's nice to walk with other dogs here and there. Zena has another new friend too, a goldie called William, and because me and his owner stand there chatting for half an hour, he gets very impatient and barks. She tells me to smack him on the head to shut him up, but I cuddled him instead and he seemed to prefer that When we past each other this morning and stopped for a chat, he barked and barked and then off he went, continuing on his walk, up the steep field, and onto the big steps in the woods, he kept turning around as if to say "are you coming or what"???? Soooo, funny, this poor woman was going "William, Willllllliam, Wiiiiiiiillliam" but he just carried on so she had to run up the hill to catch him up So you see Lynn, William is another norty boy, so maybe it's a "boy" thing huh?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
No nothing has been sorted over Ash, because of course all the other cr@p started and by the time I'd caught my breath it was far too late to go removing him from his home, despite the fact they haven't paid for him and not even had the courtesy to contact me. However, he will be in a bit of a quandry with Ash, because of course he is now on our blacklist and everyone knows not to touch him or have anything to do with him, and Ash will be one next month so he will be wanting me before I'll be wanting him. I will have to wait my time for that one, the money would have come in very handy as well with all that's happened, lucky I have good friends who have stood by me and been there for me in some of my darkest hours.
As for Sasha, well....I meant to dial a friend of mine with the same name, and ended up with Sasha's mummy, which was a total mistake, but she told me who she was so we had a chat and she said Sasha was lovely and doing well. I asked for piccies and she said of course she would send some - but of course she hasn't
Che's mum is in touch and sent me piccies (did you see them) and of course we have Keshilla (think Godzilla ) to keep us on our toes don't we
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Afternoon all,

Certainly a breezy and chilly autumn day with intermittent sun. The 'Traffic England' website informed me that the M25 was solid (16mph) between jct 11 - 15, so I
went over to Mum's non-motorway which was OK just busy. That took me nearly an hour and half Mum was OK ish, well as OK as she ever is now but happy to see my brother, the dogs and me. Mum had gone to 'activities' so we all went up to collect her (we used the stairs). Coming back down we all piled into the lift whereby Rucksack completely flattened with his legs completely splayed out sideways .... he clearly wasn't too keen on the movement A quick journey home 50 mins as the motorway was running. I've shortly got to go out to Tesco and stock the fridge up .... its almost empty OH out to lunch so I hope he had a decent one and not just a sandwich.

Nippy - Either someone has broken your blue dish and hidden the evidence or could you possibly have put some left-overs in for a guest to take home? I do hope it turns up 'cos that is something that would drive me mad if it happened to me.
Lynn - Dillon's adolescent behaviour does make me smile .... I'm sure it doesn't make you smile though . I agree with LS (I think it was her) that this windy weather makes the dogs loopy. Both of mine had a good 20 minutes going crazy running in circles after each other when we got back. ... at least it has worn them out.
Lacey - Make the most of your young years .... unfortunately the majority of us have quite a few years on you and things like teef and other bits start to get a little tired I was absolutely fine until I turned 50
I hope your window thingamibob worked well ... mine too need doing so I'll expect you later OK ..... I'll give you a bob for the job
Harvey - I hope your travels over here go well
Girliebiker - Your poor OH breaking down near Scotch Corner ... its always so blooming busy there. I hope you have a good day. I keep meaning to say that I love your little cartoons and that haircutting one was classic .... are you referring to Helena needing to have her head shaved.
June - What a good girl Keshi was and its hardly surprising she went crazy in that field I love watching my dogs run So next Wednesday is the big day .... everything crossed for then It sounds as though Keshi is more likely to have eaten something when out on a walk than it being a bug. Flash seems fine now but hasn't produced anything since having such an upset tum yesterday morning. I hoping when he does it is firm
Taffsmum - I hope you get that denture of yours fixed .... I think teeth here on the forum have been mentioned more than any other part of the body for weeks .... me included
Sara - I don't think I noticed a post from you (although I might have missed it) but hopefully the weather has warmed up a bit over with you. and that you are feeling fine now.
Helena - Those curtains sound perfect for the van and should help to keep it a little warmer if we have cold winter. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that those people still want to buy it next spring which would make your weekends much easier.
Sally - Just in case you log in ... I hope the scattering of your Dad's ashes went well and you checked the wind direction first 'cos today is really windy, but you may have already sent him on his final journey ((((hugs))).
Malka - About time those miserable people gave you some help and glad you got out.

Off to the shops now but will pop in later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2013, 01:18 PM
I think I need a Mabs then. He is much better when haring around the field with other dogs who don't mind playing with him or should I say their owners don't mind them playing with him. I am always shouting mind your legs here he comes.
Oh bl**mey Helena sometimes I think too much exercise over stimulates him and certain smells make him naughty.

The chap who lost his Dane the other week to Osteosarcoma has two new 9 week old GR's they will be out with him soon he won't mind Dillon having a romp with them.

That was such a shame about Ash June. I cannot believe how anybody can do that and get away with it. Although like you say if you hadn't had all that other c**p turn up it would be a different outcome. I am glad he is black listed.

I am lucky with Dillon's breeder she is not in your face but if you email her about anything she always replies and loves to receive photos.

You're right of course Helena he is a happy healthy exuberant boy and at William it is definitely a boy thing.
Bernese like it or not do grow up usually turned 3 and then by 4 you start to see the maturity set in and old age does catch up with them quicker like with all the large breeds more so than the medium breeds.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2013, 02:52 PM
SHAGGY,good to hear your mum was o.k Was laughing at the thought of Rucksack in the lift! Bless him A bob for cleaning your windows??with this yoke I'll do them for free,you MUST get one
Did have a catchup but all I really remember is "BABY BUMP",seriously TW do you really think so???
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I caught the bus up to the denture repairers after lunch ( I felt the crack go worse while I was eating my butty so had to take my teef out & suck said butty ) I thought he would do it while I waited but no I have to pick it up at 5 o clock Had to come home on the bus toofless Got changed to take Taff out & decided I wasn't going to go on the park in case I saw anybody I knew so took him on some waste ground where nobody else goes for an hour. At least getting mine fixed won't cause any pain lol.
It's really really windy out there today. Winter draws on.
Glad you had a good visit with your Mum jenny. Shame it's so far to visit though.
I bet Keshi enjoyed her run after being under house arrest for a week
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2013, 03:10 PM
TM with the teeth Would turn out to be the day you run into an x- boyfriend or school mate who looks fab!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2013, 03:15 PM
LOL at Rucksack in the lift Jenny. Glad your mum was OK, she is a lovely lady and still very beautiful, and she is nice to you as well, which is a massive bonus. What did they do before the M25 was built, there must have been loads of A roads to have traffic jams on or something
Eileen, when you've finished Lynn's windows you can pop up here and do mine. Yes I have done what I have so far resisted, had a feel of Mabs's tummy, and I think it is a Baby Bump, but trying not to think of it because I don't want anymore disappointments
TM you'll have your teefs back very soon now, and you at least don't have to wait a fortnight for them do you
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2013, 03:22 PM
TW,hopefully next Wednesday Night,we'll be partying on here I'm stocking up at the weekend just in case
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »