View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Good morning fellow members another damp dull day.
I was in Waitrose at 8am doing the shopping (before other humans arrived with their germs ).

Having left home without breakfast, I rushed back to have my tea and porridge then remembered the electricity was going to be off this morning until 10.30 . So I am now having a late breakfast and trying not to get porridge on the keys of my PC .

I hope all the poorly dogs and people feel better soon.

Enjoy your day everyone..
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Not a good forecast for later on in the day, so am setting off on the bone run in half an hour or so.
Mabs deffo off her food, she did the same thing this morning, only stayed in the puppy palace, Cariad is usually fed in there, but Mabs grumbled at her so she backed off and had her brekkie outside, gave Mabs her's and she had half and then disappeared, so Lona (very obligingly) nipped in and finished it off!!! I am sure I could give Lona a complete cow and she'd eat it and look for more.
Went in and called Mabs and she came to me for a cuddle then back to her bone stash, which (sadly for her) will be moved when I come back and have a major clear out I've left them for as long as I can, bless her
Anyway things are looking positive on the P stakes, then again she could just think she is, who knows. Have noticed a definite change in the relationship between her and Cariad, which was a bit rocky, now they seem a lot closer and more in tune. If there ARE babies, then I am betting Cariad will be there at the delivery giving me my orders and supervising
Hoping Mart is doing well this morning Pat and the prognosis is good and that the surgeon finally got through to you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2013, 10:28 AM

I think I overdid things yesterday and am paying for it now. Kept waking up to check the clock in case the alarm I thought I had fixed did not work - and sure enough it did not. Booger.

Linda - sorry to hear about Loki but eight weeks sz-free is better than Da Booga is doing - hopefully he will go longer next time.

Pat - when you pop in, I hope your update on Mart will be all good.

No idea who has said what but hope everyone is OK. If I can stay awake until 3pm I think I will go back to bed after pill time.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I managed to get the dogs out for a decent walk just before the heavens opened which was a huge relief as I'd just washed the kitchen floor. I did two and a half hours of solid housework so my list of things to do is getting smaller Cleaned the cooker, kitchen from top to bottom, hoovered the downstairs and dusted everywhere. A friend is coming over at 12 for coffee (and possibly a sandwich) which will be nice.

Lynn - I still have a plaster on my hand but it is loads better thanks and no infection set in which is good. Still sore as its the palm of my hand so even holding a dog lead is a pain. I hope you managed a dry walk and can source some delicacies for Dilllon.
Norma - I think Scotland and the west are getting the worse of the weather today. Hope you don't get flooded out.
Bev - You'll be tired by the end of the day. I use to work in a restaurant and you are on your feet all the time. I hope it goes well. I'm sure Lily will just sleep while you are out ... one look at the rain and she'll probably decide she's in the best place
Moyra - I hope Steve made it back on to his swim .. he won't be happy if someone else is there when he gets there and reaps the rewards from all the ground bait. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with friends yesterday - its always nice to have a catch up and get out. Bless Amber for being so good.
Nippy - I expect you'll have battened down the hatches by now ... think you'll need them by the look of the forecast. Enjoy your day.
L.S. - Poor Loki but isn't it strange how he recovers so quickly after the seizures. Glad you got a walk in while you've still got the nice weather. Him sitting cleaning his nails made me laugh ....he'll be painting them red next. Hope you have a settled day with him now. ((hugs)).
Mini - Hopefully your electricity is now back on You were out early ..... I was in tesco yesterday and there were so many people coughing and sneezing
Malka - I hope you can rest up today ... the trouble is we get on a roll and do lots of things and then suffer the following day ... I do too. Oh to be young again eh?

I'll come back on after my friend leaves. Enjoy your day folks.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Afternoon all those I missed earlier.

Jenny, these are the proper curtains, I bought some really modern bright ones, but of course, they are all 54" drop, and I needed to shorten them all to 43". I'm bored rigid now, I've been marking, cutting, pressing, then there's the bladdy linings, oh it's driven me nuts, but I'm now at the stage where I have 10 curtains all ready to just whiz up at the bottoms, cos I've taken up the linings, but I need to press the hem again now I won't be doing this again, I'll have them made in future. This little machine is great, but it's very slow, it's definitely not the Ferrari of the sewing machine world that's for sure, I will leave that title for the old Singer ones, they were fast, reeeeally fast! Zena is mesmorised, she's been lying at my feet watching me all morning Yes, young couple still going in small or big van but they're on holiday atm.

It's just started to rain, but oh boy Jen, you are getting the worst of it no doubt down in the West

Have we lost Lynn again today, I don't remember seeing her post? Hope all is ok Lynn.

Linda, so sorry to hear about Loki, but you cope so admirably, well done, and ((((hugs))))) for the dear boy.xxx

Pat, still thinking of you being at Martin's bedside.

Moyra, glad to hear you had such a lovely day in Kent yesterday, you shoulda popped in for a cuppa and made a detour on the way back via East Sussex!

Pork chop beckons.....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks Malka - I hope Pereg goes longer this time.

Thanks Jenny - it's horrible, he cleans them with his teeth and it makes a horrible noise like chewing bones.

Thanks Helena - he's a bit quiet but fine in himself. He does recover far better than he used to. x

The rain has begun! Someone has lost the tv remote control and I can't get the channels on. No idea if (or how) it can be done manually.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Helen, lol no we were only in North Kent nowhere near the south coast I'm afraid. But would love to holiday down there sometime or other, if I can get things organized.

Looks like rain is on its way here it has come over very dark. Have a good afternoon all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Afternoon everyone I'm here Helena. We must of posted at the same time this morning.

Went to the vets Dillon is with today they stock natural instinct and when I went to pay for it the system showed the insurance haven't paid up for the dew claw op yet. Will have to ring them later. We paid the excess to the vet for a direct claim.

The agents selling the cottage in Norfolk rang me and they are waiting on our buyers solicitor again. Apparently they are saying they haven't received the answers to the questions they asked and our solicitor is not happy as he emailed them over Monday.
She has asked if I can contact Tom and get him to give them a kick up the bum they are still doing the local search apparently.
Tom and Lisa's rental agreement runs out on the 28th of this month. Always the way the ones who want to move quick have the problem solicitors.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-10-2013, 12:19 PM
'afternoon all

Pat - I didn't get on here last night at all so missed anything you may have posted (Will go check after I have typed this) hope it all went well.

Have done the weekly food shop today and tomorrow we get the turkey wings and chicken necks for Rianna.

Have had a heavy frost but sun is out again so not too bad weather wise today.

May pop back again tonight if other things don't get in the way.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Tom and Lisa's rental agreement runs out on the 28th of this month. Always the way the ones who want to move quick have the problem solicitors.
Tell me about it

If you contact Tom or Lisa please do it by phone 'cos if you put it in writing (As I did) and it ends up in their soliciters hands they'll just put their Rottweilers onto you (As happened with me)

Humble apologies to all our Rootie owning friends, you don't need to convince me that they are lovely dogs just thought it was a rather approprite metaphor for this forum
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »