register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Poor Moyra, come in and have a lie down in a comfy bed with clean sheets. I think there's some of Sally's chocolate mousse left as well as cake, because they all somewhat OD'd themselves last night at the Dinner Party.
ignore your sister, she's the one at fault, if someone was brave enough to even look after one of mine For Free I'd be o my knees with gratitude, when mine used to go in kennels Friday to Monday it was £50 for the 2 of them, and I provided their food ready frozen for them to take out and defrost the night before, so I think she has got herself a marvellous deal there, and she should think before she speaks, because I doubt you will be mug enough to do it again for her now after this episode.
If you want to talk it through with anyone I can book you in for an hour's chat time later on today after you've had your lunch and relaxed a little.
Eileen, sounds like the perfect day to me, Please Yerself Day, what could be better.
Helena, I think the red hippo is Zena's 'baby' and as such she will not appreciate her baby being binne in such a fashion.
Glad to hear you've slammed in the lamb, because we could do with a few Sunday Dinners in sick bay, so I've put you down for that, I knew you wouldn't mind as you're cooking it anyway.
Kazz I've got a bed here for you next to the physio's room so you an pop in and out as the mood takes you.
Purleese don't fall over your crutches will you
Jenny, sorry you're no better you stay where you are in the warmth and I'll put you down for some hot toddys when Sally gets here later.
Nippy, don't get upset over Pat, she's taken whatever it is and is also anxious about The Op and when she needs to get on the plane back to Blighty.
Am being very lazy, no one been out yet. Must go, otherwise it will be tea time, no training today as it is Hormone Hotel here, so that is making me very sluglike!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Morning all,

Lynn, hope you feel better.

Tang, ouch, take it easy today.

Anyone else who is suffering, enjoy an easy day in the sick bay

I'm about to get dressed and make a start. Having a long lie This afternoon shall be hanging out washing, feeding the scalies, then starting on the washing pile, sorting it out and getting some ironing done at least.

Later on, we are half planning a walk up Fyrish. Depends on how OH is feeling, he is still a little tender and I'm leaving him to sleep it off.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Morning June. Sunshine what's that ??
Morning Harvey.
Morning Lynne. Glad Taff's bath was worth it and hoping OH gets that skirting fixed soon.
Morning jenny sorry to hear you are feeling worse my sore throat seems to of gone after several cups of tea.
Morning Kazz. Pleased to hear the knee is doing well.
Morning Moyra (((hugs))).
Morning Helena. If Zena wasn't speyed I would say phantom pregnancy. But she is so who knows. Very strange.
Morning Eileen.

Well I don't know why everyone else has the lovely weekend promised its warm and wet here.
Had a heart stopping moment with Dillon on our walk today. Naughty boy. We walk almost straight onto the field from our house. That part of the field is mown and the playing field then to the right of us is the meadow long grassy bit with the mown path all the way round. Dillon usually goes right in as far as he can to do his business and keeps an eye on us while we keep calling he then does a big circle belting back to us. Not today there are a few oak trees around and he was shielded by them. Kept calling no sign I know he can't get off the field without going past us but I was getting worried. Suddenly I spied him on the other side of the long grass going up the field to us on the opposite track.
I think he either disturbed a cat or saw one and took off after it he was then meandering in the undergrowth with his nose stuck in the hedges totally deaf.

He seems pretty worn out now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Morning Lorraine.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Sniff not talking to Pat anymore, she's being nasty to me

Kazz good luck with your knee, that is just what I had done to mine. Do as you are told and work hard on that physio!
Moyra come on in there is plenty of room and I think there a small bit of chocolate cake left somewhere, always good for depression!
I am glad to be mobile just irritated I am not getting around when I want to......
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 11:27 AM
TW, at "hormone hotel"
Dread to think what would happen if you're unwell.who would look after sick bay
LYNN,that monkey Dillion Imagine he'd be hard to miss all the same
Waiting for M&S to open at 1,fancy a nice big bake potato Just broke a nail down to the quick sentence that followed was x-rated!! If Mayo win the football today,OH will win £1000,had a bet on from the start so here's hopeing
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I am glad to be mobile just irritated I am not getting around when I want to......
KAZZ,when my mum broke her leg she used one of those office chairs with wheels on Should have seen her zooming about in the kitchen making dinner,washing up Very independent lady,likes to do things her way,her chair was a godsend
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 11:35 AM
What will we do if June gets sick? Who will take care of the walking wounded then? Brill idea about the bunks - come and get 'em - can't stand the sight of them now. Must have been off my trolley.

My pain has subsided under the weight of the drugs but I'm not stupid I know my back isn't better and will still not go too mad. That's the trouble with strong painkillers for bad backs - once the pain subsides you do daft things without thinking - while the pain is present you don't attempt them. I've only shoved a few bits around. Am DYING to put my little gliding rocker on the big front verandah but will wait til someone can help me. I did move small chest coz my bedroom TV is now up too high for my new low level bed. Am itching to paint the chest but reminding myself of all the months here when NOTHING WILL BE HAPPENING. Do it all then.

Helena I had some lamb too today - so don't mind you going on about it (AGAIN) it's my favourite meat and can't always get it here (which seems daft as Kleftiko is more or less the national dish lol!) They live on pork but I don't like the way their pigs are kept so avoid it if I can. Funny how they get just one toy out of all of them that they seem to love isn't it? Even when it's fallen to bits. Bella has her skunk. Still gets it out every day even though it's an empty tatty old 'skin' now! Enjoy a nice, relaxing Sunday everyone[/QUOTE]

Eileen - that's what happens when you burn the candle at both ends and keep going out gallivanting. You forget what day it is!

I was NOT mean to Nippy! I was just laughing at her sorry plight and imagining her with her head on one side lol!

Just had a lovely bowl of Regis luxury lemon sorbet. mmmmm I will have to stop scoffing goodies soon. Dragged out an M&S denim skirt to wear earlier and had a job to zip it up!

Did a 2 block gentle walk just now to pick up supplies of ammo (and order more) and canned coffee - do not want to be buying ciggies in the UK at whatever they cost now when they are still 3.50 here! Put the coffee in the quick freeze when I got back - just about to open one now!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 11:41 AM
PAT,I think I missed how you hurt your back Or do you have history of back problems?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Eileen I agree it does not feel like a Sunday at all but having roast pork and the trimmings for lunch maybe that will change my view
Helena - Strange about Zena and the hippo is it a cuddly sort of toy soft? maybe that's the appeal. Sal used to have a soft toy from a puppy we called it "baby" lasted years eventually it passed over yet she never destroyed it just wore it out. Good luck selling the car? what reg and is it an estate I am kinda thinking of swopping to a work horse car (caravan towing too) but not sure yet.
Tang - Ouch on the back hope it improves soon, but I sympathise how you can see things that you want to do as soon as you can't physically do them without injuring yourself....ho hum.
Lynn Its scary when they just do something so unexpected isn't it.
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »