Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2005, 02:37 PM

internet games ques

Hi it's me again..

As you may know, I have a son who is 15 and loves playing interactive games usually of the warrier type. Problem I am having is finding him a 'good' game on the internet that doesn't contain a chat thingy with it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where we may find a relatively 'safe/chat free' game for him to play?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
safe chat game ? you would be better of to buy him the game on a Cd
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
safe chat game ? you would be better of to buy him the game on a Cd
true

We have loads of Xbox games, but he wants to play interactively with other people. He's found some great game sites, but the majority of them have this chat thingy in which I really don't want him using. So I take it there aren't any... (((turning to son and saying..."tough luck!!!")))
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
true

We have loads of Xbox games, but he wants to play interactively with other people. He's found some great game sites, but the majority of them have this chat thingy in which I really don't want him using. So I take it there aren't any... (((turning to son and saying..."tough luck!!!")))
if i hear anything from my son today i will ask him for you maybe i can come up with something for you ok
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2005, 03:43 PM
have pm,ed you some sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Hi it's me again..

As you may know, I have a son who is 15 and loves playing interactive games usually of the warrier type. Problem I am having is finding him a 'good' game on the internet that doesn't contain a chat thingy with it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where we may find a relatively 'safe/chat free' game for him to play?
My 14 year old son says that there is a site called www.runescape.com that you can play on without chat
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
My 14 year old son says that there is a site called www.runescape.com that you can play on without chat
my son is on that all the time
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
my son is on that all the time

Mine probably would be if he could bear to tear himself away from MSN
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Unfortunatly that most games today that you play online have the feature to communicate with other users in the game as you are useually playing in teams this helps the game but on the other hand users can give e mail addys and other info there is not anything that i'm aware of to stop this.

On the game site that my son uses the moderator of certain games will not allow passing of personal info otherwise they get banned and not allowed on that server again.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2005, 09:57 PM
My 15 year old brother plays on the online games so I asked him if he knew of any games that you cant interact with other people, and he didnt know of any. All the ones he plays on you can either type in information or use the microphone, and the games he plays on you can give out as much information as you like, as it isnt really possible to keep track on whats being said because there are too many members. The only thing that can be done is that the person is reported for whatever reason. But these are just the games he plays on, there might be games with what you want out there just harder to come by.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >