View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 01:53 PM
i agree with the others, about 10 days to return to 'proper' exercise..

I would also add though that the dogs seems remarkably susceptible to infection post op, by infection, I mean tummy bugs. Be careful where they sniff and what they sniff for the first few days and ensure that the vet they go to has no highly contagious cases staying in close proximity to your dog...yes, I speak from rather a nasty experience...it's always worth checking.
Dog in...healthy/strong/young routine castration..kennelled by dog with severe gastorenteritis (like almost dying severe...) dog catches bug and is ill within a week and back in vets on drip and operated on...dog with kennel cough in vets...dog gets kennel cough and infects all other dogs in household. Made me a bit paranoid, routine, easy castration...10 days...total nightmare...a month minimum...not wanting to scare anyone, just think it's worth chacking what other cases the vets have 'out the back!!!' So to speak!!!
Axxxxxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2