View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Beanz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Did your vet test for hypothyroidism? They need to do the TSH. T4 and T3 tests to determine if the dogs is hypothyroid.

Evening primrose oil will help your boy. Over a course of 3 weeks get him onto 3 x 500mg capsules per day. Keep him on 3 per day for 3 months. At that stage you can try dropping the dose, gradually but its only effective whilst given.
adya
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Hi guys

I have another problem with Benson and I wondered if there's anybody out there who may have a tip or suggestion at all please?

The problem is, Benson is losing his hair. Our vet thinks it may be the large amount of steroids he takes daily for his bad back which is causing the hair loss, but that is only a guess. They are also bamboozled by this one. Other than his back problems, he is a healthy dog that enjoys life, isn't stressed and eats well.

His belly and behind his ears are now completely bald, his sides are very thin and the hair loss is now creeping down his back. Other areas, the hair is as think as ever.

Is there anyone out there who can give me any advice please? I've been online and bought him a couple of body hugging dog fleeces. The way he's going, he may have to wear the fleeces 24/7 during the winter months.

Thanks guys
Even short time using steroids can harm your dog seriously.I suggest you search for a less damaging remedy.I live in Puerto Rico.(U.S.A)I don't have dogs anymore but i used some good remedies from "Pet Alive" and Enzymes from" NZYMES.com" both in U.S.A In fact, i'm stiil using drops from Pet alive myself!They are very light and non damaging.As i told other persons here,after 15 years on phenobarbital i changed (the vet took her out of it - when it was already too late)for the drops and no more seizures for 2 1/2 years! Until she died.She suffered renal and liver failure due to steroids and phenobarbital.(The drs. said this was the cause)I strongly suggest you try to find other remedy for your dog before is too late.
Please receive a hug ,both of you,from a new friend in Puerto Rico.
Adya
PS:Please excuse my english.P.R is a territory of the U.S.A but we" live" in spanish (except for the T.V)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2