Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Good morning all.

I am feeling pretty glum today so is Gorden more of that in a bit first.
June I hope we hear more good news about Sasha today and that she will be coming home. I did laugh at the antics late last night of you the puppies the honey and the crate.
It is very strange about the people who have put a deposit down on Sasha . I would think you don't feel much confidence in them now even if they did get back in touch especially with what have you been through with her.
Bev I hope Kyiro is well today and he can come home too and good luck with the windows and doors.

Gorden went for an interview yesterday in North Lincolnshire and didn't get the job. The CV must be good as he is getting the interviews just not the jobs he is getting some feedback on Monday. Thing is he has so much experience we did wonder age but to be honest you wouldn't expect to find younger people doing this kind of job you need to of worked through the education system and worked your way through the ranks of managing and the administration side of things. We think they are favouring the ex Head teachers who honestly do not have the experience of dealing with lots of different types of school only their own.
Competition must be tough.

Dillon did his first solo trip up the stairs yesterday evening Gorden went to the bathroom and he had missed him so much he decided to follow.
He loved Michael's bed bhut panicked about how to get down stairs after having a good romp on his bed.
We don't have bannisters as you come down the stairs all the other dogs have managed but I do worry about whirlwind Dillon. Gorden went down backwards against the side that has no bannister and he was fine. He does do steps when walking out.
I thought we may get some problems when we went up to bed last night but he was good thank goodness and let me lie-in till nearly twenty to seven and is now patiently waiting for his breakfast and has been in the garden for his business and no noise.
He will start about 8 though when he feels we should be leaving for a walk.

Still no movement from Rose I do hope she is ok.

I hope all humans and animals are well today if anyone is feeling under the weather here are some (((hugs))).
Enjoy your Saturday and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning Lynn.

Sorry to hear Gordon is struggling with the job front it must be hard when you know you can do it blindfold so to speak just needs someone to give him a break. I hope the feedback is honest then he can see what if anything to change. Maybe he is just running up against similar candidates....therefore his luck has to change and it to be his turn.

I am pleased to see the "pup" is letting you sleep in a little longer........seems like you have him in a routine and he is more set into it than you are..... maybe you should try varying the times.....think I would.

Well I have a weeks holiday starting last night (I work nights) so going to try and sort out a few bits and pieces and catch up with people and jobs. Going depending on the weather to get Sal and me out for a few longer walks.She is doing great.

Have a good day all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I am sorry you are feeling down. I do hope something turns up on the job front soon. Well done to Dillon on being good last night!!

I hope Kyiro is home safe and sound today and the windows go in without a drama.

TW I would be sending the deposit back and looking elsewhere, they don't sound keen enough to me, if that was my intended puppy I would be pestering the life out of you until I had her. I would never stop worrying about her being in the right home. Fingers crossed that she is back home soon.

I visited my cousin yesterday, they are now ruling out a blood clot on the lung and he is waiting for a bed in the elderly ward, he is in medical assessment atm. He was happy to see us but was disappointed that he didn't get to come home with me and watch his dvd's as we had planned.

I think he has decided to stay at the care home he is in now and things are falling into place, I have found him a place on an art group and the lady who runs it has taught him before and will be happy to take him on again, its only a couple of miles away too.

I am working this weekend but quite looking forward to tomorrow as we have a cani-cross event taking place, wouldn't have minded taking that up myself at one point.

I hope everyone has a good day today!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning Kazz nice to see you back and glad to hear Sal is doing well.
Enjoy your break.

I am changing his routine slightly by feeding him later in the morning. I don't mind routine not just as early as he was liking it.
Enjoy your day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning Lynn, Gerry, Kazz and everyone

Nice to see you back in here today Kazz
Lynn, I'm so sorry Gorden didn't get the job I know just how frightening it all is out there now because of Dave, he's stuck in his own nightmare out there, he can't give up his business for fear of being over 50 and not getting a job even though of course, he's fully skilled with all the C&G's and everything else, he knows he would never get a job, it's all very scarey out there, so I do know how very worried you are. At least Dave has a job I suppose, but without any wages, I dunno what's worse!!!

Gerry, I'm so glad to hear that cousin has accepted with open arms now about his care home, I'm sure he's going to be a lot happier in the future with all the care he will have. Wrap up warm if you're working this week-end as it's going to be pretty cold in the white stuff they've forecast.

Well, there we were outside last night until almost midnight giving my telescope a road test! Sooooo funny, I got ffffffreeeezing in my jim jams and dressing gown, and Dave was so intent on finding something good to show me, then losing it, I hardly got to look in the darn thing!!!! He'd set the tripod up for HIS height too, which is 6ft2" and I'm only 5"5" now cos I've shrunk by 2 1/2 inches (don't ask!), so I always had to stand on tiptoe, nothing to hold on to for fear of losing his sighting, and all I could see was a white blob, nothing exciting at all. We kept coming in to Google cos the instructions only tell you about the telescope itself, not how to use it for eeejots like us. We're going to work on it in the daylight, cos you have to set up this red beam first and that's where I think we were going wrong. I got soooooooo excited about seeing all the colours up there, I'm sure I would have woken all the neighbours with my squeals of delight had he actually found what I was expecting Funny, cos when we gave up and came back indoors, all the thick cloud started coming over and they were all gone, but have to say, I have never seen a sky like last night for many years, thousands of stars I saw glistening, it was truly wonderful, and now I've got my neck ache back through looking up for so long lol (I'm not supposed to look up with my neck problems).

Off to the van today to shut her down cos my visitors decided against it with the forecast, so I had to give them their money back

Enjoy your Saturday everyone
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Morning all morning Lynn

Sorry to hear your both down in the dumps re the interview
I'm beginning to think its who you know not what you know or experience you have .
It's still so very dark here (still the middle of the night )
Munsters out for a pee and had breakfast
Out for a long walk when it's light
Must get some shopping in today as dogs and oh back tomorrow and the fridge is rather empty
Really really missed my woofers this week (even though I've got the munsters here)
Not missed the oh as he'll only be back with dirty washing

Still no word from Rosebud strange hope she's ok
Tw
Do hope today's the day sasha's home

Have a great day everyone poorly dogs and people are on the mend

Catch up later
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Not much to say at the moment, sorry - been up since stoopid o'clock and if I was not female [looks down to check] and if I had not had my flu shot, which I know I did, I would say I have man flu.

Sun is shining so hopefully hot water - not sure if I can actually manage to shower though so I guess it is time for you all to put clothespegs on your nose.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Good morning all.

Lynn, I so empathise with Gorden. Yep, I'd bet my bottom dollar that part of the problem is age. I went through it a few times - more qualified, more experienced, excellent interview then someone half my age getting the job . I switched career, but the same started happening there too. I'm so glad to be out of the rat-race. Tell him though, to keep plodding on because eventually, I'm sure he'll find a prospective employer that doesn't discriminate.

Helena, you are a soft touch!! I wouldn't have expected my money back if cancelling so close to the date.

Looks dry out there at the moment so our usual. A wrap-up-warm day though.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Hellooooo!

Sorry to hear about Gorden, no wonder you are down in the dumps, who wouldn't be
H you should have got Dave to take some pics of you in the garden in your jim-jams!!!!
Malka I was beginning to wonder what the smell was enjoy your shower.
Everyone else have a good day.
I am going for lunch with my daughter today, it's about an hours drive, which is fine but part of the journey involves a ferry crossing which I hate at the best of times and today especially as it is pouring with rain and blowing a gale I haven't visited their new bungalow yet so I can't really cancel. At least hubby will be driving!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Good morning Lynn and all,

This is quite late for me but my two woke me at 05.40 to go out. I wasn't pleased as I'd ended up going to bed very late and they weren't desperate to go to the loo but just to race round the garden as a fox had clearly been in and they were trying to locate it They the went back to bed and I tried to but didn't go to sleep again. Not a problem as I can have a nanny nap this afternoon.

June - I do hope you get Sasha back today and as you say you can relax about her not having to rush off to a new home. Well done for deciding on non-returnable deposits If I were you I wouldn't want them having her now anyway (unless there is a really good reason why they haven't been in touch). Your antics last night with the abs, honey and the pups did make me chuckle.

Lynn - Sorry you and Gorden are feeling low again, something will hopefully come along but it is so tough out there. Maybe Dillon can cheer you both up today.

Moet - I hope your cousin gets sorted. It's great that you've managed to arrange the art group for him

Kazz - Oooh a week off, how lovely I hope the weather is kind to you and get all you want to do done. Enjoy.

Helena - Your and Dave's antics outside last night made me smile. It was wonderfully clear here too but did then cloud over. You mention you've shrunk, at least you are still a good height at 5' 5". I've shrunk nearly an inch a half and am now only 5' Which means as I shrink more as I get older I'm going to be 4' something My sons and OH think its very amusing. OH is 5' 10" and both sons over 6'. I must ask you sometime about the name of constellations that I see and always think of my Dad and brother when I do, but have no idea of its name.

Malka - Sun, sun you have sun? ...... I'm jealous Sorry you're feeling off-colour and hope you soon feel better. Don't worry if you are a little wiffy - we won't smell you from here.

Bev - I hope getting the windows replaced and Kyiro home today all goes as smoothly as possible.

I'm off to walk my dogs now before it starts raining as the sky has suddenly gone very dark.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »