View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Always worth having some chappie in in case of upset tummies. It goes down well and is very mild. My old cavvie has colitis on and off for much of her older years. Chappie was great for her. She had that and chicken every day. It is very smelly which they love
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Funny with all mine the more bowfin the better,xxxxxxxxx
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi Katrina,
not sure what ASA is, can you explain?

Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I think this goes to show, the dogs know more than the owners what they like.
This reminds me of the parents on tv putting burgers and things through the iron fences at the school kids - why would children or dogs know what is good for them, and why would you leave it up to them?

I know plenty of dogs who whad starved themselves for a week (water availible) because the bakers was no longer on offer. The sugars in bakers are addictive and the dog have cravings, like we do. Luckily they had owners that understood healthy is better.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
First you cant really compare kids to dogs.
Secondly if I had two dog foods which were similar both had bad affects on the dog, but the dog favoured one, I would chose the one he liked.

I could start about bakers but, I cant be bothered disscusing it. Only to say there maybe sugars are adictive but it cant be all bad.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Bakers Complete, (large dog) two of my dogs love it, Caesar and Mea, there's now't wrong with it, the other two, Nero and Smeags, prefer Purina Beta Active, or Purina Beta maintenance.

Individual dogs have their own preferences just like us so give em what they'll eat.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Bakers Complete, (large dog) two of my dogs love it, Caesar and Mea, there's now't wrong with it, the other two, Nero and Smeags, prefer Purina Beta Active, or Purina Beta maintenance.

Individual dogs have their own preferences just like us so give em what they'll eat.
Well said, mate.

Can you tell off the pics when star was on a expensive "better" brand and when he was on bakers.

Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Hi Katrina,
This reminds me of the parents on tv putting burgers and things through the iron fences at the school kids - why would children or dogs know what is good for them, and why would you leave it up to them?

I know plenty of dogs who whad starved themselves for a week (water availible) because the bakers was no longer on offer. The sugars in bakers are addictive and the dog have cravings, like we do. Luckily they had owners that understood healthy is better.
Totally agree with you.

First you cant really compare kids to dogs.
Of course you can.

You are saying that you allow your dogs the choice of which food they have, judged on what they like !

I know many parents who also do this, who's children are fed primarily on junk food and fast food, and those children are already either obese, constantly ill or lack in motivation at anything they do - compared to other children who eat healthily.

I could start about bakers but, I cant be bothered disscusing it. Only to say there maybe sugars are adictive but it cant be all bad.
Neither is Smarties, but you wouldnt feed a child on them as their main staple diet either.

Dogs cannot make educated decisions regarding food, as they dont know what is in any of them, all they know is taste. Dogs by nature are also scavengers : does that mean we should also allow them to eat from people's bins for their diet ?

It's up to us as responsible owners to provide a good staple, healthy diet that has all the nutrition a dog needs, not allow them to make their own choice !
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Well said, mate.

Can you tell off the pics when star was on a expensive "better" brand and when he was on bakers.

Just a guess Stormey, but the face in the top pic looks happier than the bottom one.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks Mal, someone is on my side today.
Glad your here, I might have gotten an infraction otherwise. You have calmed me....

Dog food is dog food that is all I will say. Having been around the manufacturers and told the boss man to his face (he decides what goes in when changes are made) that he knows nothing about nutrition, I know more, and him agreeing with me, it kinda put me off. They don't care about my dogs, and I do, therefore I NEED to know what they are eating.

Nope I couldn't tell from the pictures, but cute face none the less.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Totally agree with you.

Of course you can.

You are saying that you allow your dogs the choice of which food they have, judged on what they like !

I know many parents who also do this, who's children are fed primarily on junk food and fast food, and those children are already either obese, constantly ill or lack in motivation at anything they do - compared to other children who eat healthily.

Neither is Smarties, but you wouldnt feed a child on them as their main staple diet either.

Dogs cannot make educated decisions regarding food, as they dont know what is in any of them, all they know is taste. Dogs by nature are also scavengers : does that mean we should also allow them to eat from people's bins for their diet ?

It's up to us as responsible owners to provide a good staple, healthy diet that has all the nutrition a dog needs, not allow them to make their own choice !
As I said,
Secondly if I had two dog foods which were similar both had bad affects on the dog, but the dog favoured one, I would chose the one he liked.
I am not saying, would you like this curry or your dog food they would always opt for the curry. But if I offered two similar type foods and they had a prefence, I would go with that aslong as it caused no ill affects. All of which I did post but you must have missed.
Page 10 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »