Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Been sick?

Alfies poo this morning was a bit softer than normal, but was okay.

He has been acting fine, so we went for a walk in the park and he had a nice play, and then we went and saw my neighbour and her labrador, and they had a play, but when we came back, he has just moped around (like hes tired), but for hours.
He won't touch any kind of food, and he was sick before and keeps wretching now!
I put him down in the living room and came upstairs so he had to walk to follow me, which he did, but normally when my brother comes in he is VERY excited, today he just wandered over to him.

Anyone any ideas what it is? Will it pass?
MarkAndOscar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Could it just be an off day?

Happens to the best of us! Lol!

You noticed any unusual "foods" getting pavement surfed?

I bet all that is needed is a good sleep!

Mark And Oscar
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Sounds like he's just tired.... Let him sleep it off and see what he's like in the morning.... Could be he was in "leanrning-mode" today... Picked up on loads of new things, and is now exhausted.... don't worry too much... If he starts being sick over and over... Call a vet... Could be he ate somethimg bad along the walk.... But my guess is he's over-tired....
vgstar44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Hello....
My pup has been a tad sick tonight too although i caught him chewing on some rubber earlier and it seems to have been since then hes been sick a couple of times. Im sure i saw a bit of it in his 1st sick too.

Could just be somehting similar and hes picked something up he shouldnt have.

Hope hes feeling better soon
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:56 AM
He hadn't perked up at ALL so I ended up taking him to the vet last night (and I am now skint lol), and he said he was quite gassy which may be hurting him, and it may be an infection of some sort and im to take him back to the normal vet 2moro!
The main thing is he won't eat or drink ANYTHING! He had a fluid lump put in him yesterday and I was given a syringe to give him stuff, but he won't take any of it!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Poor thing! I don't have any advice really but let us know what your vet says and big (((hugs))) to both of you!

Sarah x
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 02:38 PM
My friend next door came round and managed to give him some of the water stuff, and we managed to get him to eat a little bit of chicken, and he chewed a toy and we had a little play! And has perked up a lot, even from this morning.
So if he is eating and drinking, and playing better by tonight then I will leave the vets tomorrow and see.
But he seems to be on the mend!