View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm really pleased she's doing so well with all your tlc Trish, let's hope she makes a full recovery after all this wonderful care you're giving her, you're a real star!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Thankyou so much everyone - your messages are wonderful, I am just doing what others would do I'm sure.

Today has been one heck of a day where Teasel is concerned.

Got up, went straight to check her - my heart skipped a beat, I thought she was gone. No sound. I have got very used to hearing her noisy breathing. I peeped in the basket, and then I realised she was peaceful, but alive! Her noisy breathing had changed to quiet! I kept checking for the next 2 hours, then before we went out Kev picked her up so we could properlky check her. For the first time since coming here she went into a tight ball, a really good sign!! On returnng home Kev looked first, she was still quietly sleeping. Phew!

About 2.30pm she woke, so as has become usual she wasput in her outside run. She slowly, very slowly she uncurled, and then wobbled like mad. This carried on while she walked. I came in to look on the 'net - as I did Kev's Mum and Step-Dad arrived for coffee. I found out the wobbling can be a few things including Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome, and a stroke. She didn't look too good, but she did eat a little.
After a while we gave her her medicine and put her back in her cage, where she slept for a couple of hours. She woke up looking lively, so out into the run she went, and there she still is - eating, drinking and best of all? Not wobbling!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 07:12 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Bless I'm really, really chuffed
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm really happy to hear that.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Another day done!

I weighed her today, 450g so has lost 50g. Not surprising really considering how poorly she has been. She has a tick on her head, may have been there before but only just been seen now. I have put cooking oil on it and am hoping it will lose grip and fall off - advice from hedgehog rescues.

Still a way to go yet, but we will keep going.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the update Trish, I come in here every day to see how she's doing I'm so pleased she's still doing well
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh Trish, you are doing such a good job

I keep logging on just to see how Teasel is dong and delighted to hear the good news.

That is one lucky little hedgehog to have been found by you
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:45 PM
She had a 'turn' this evening, was outside in her run, had been looking pretty good. Kev went out to tidy up in the garden and shouted for me to hurry up. When I got there she was calm, but he said she looked as if she had fallen onto her side and was really struggling to stand. I picked her up, and put her in the cat basket on a clean towel. She settled and slept. I just checked her and she is still sleeping soundly.

I go from feeling really positive about her recovery, to scared stiff she won't make it. Teasel goes from looking really poorly to really well. I am hopeful in one sense as her breathing is so much better, but we don't know what is going on in her little head. I am in contact with a hedgehog rescue, and am keeping her as quiet as I can. If she looks good she will have a little while outside to eat and keep from getting bored (I have discovered a bored hedgehog can be a bit of a pain, a cute pain!) but I am getting to know her and can tell when she wants rest.

She is not remotely nocturnal, but if she has no sight she won't be able to tell night form day.

I am so grateful to Kev for giving me the support and strength to try to rehabilitate Teasel.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Oh dear. It is sounding a little bit like a stroke isn't it? At least if she's sleeping then she can't be in any discomfort.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Trish so sorry to hear that. You are doing everything you can though.Will keep our fingers crossed.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >