Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 10:22 PM

Jake keeps retching...

well, as the title says, jake keeps retching.

he was doing it last night, but just briefly. i checked his mouth and nothing was there, and he soon stopped. he hasnt done it all day, but tonight he did it again. he just went over into the corner of the room and stood for a few minutes retching, and i again checked his mouth but still cant see anything.

he has stopped now and is happily chewing away at his rubber bone. any ideas what could possible cause it? im lost to what it could be, cant think of anything that could be stuck and find it strange that 1. i cant see anything and 2. he hasnt done it all day and it was around this time last night he did it which i find weird. probably just a coincidence though...
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
kennel cough???
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
kennel cough???
i didnt think of that! he hasnt had any other kennel cough symptoms though... could it still be that just with retching?
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 10:39 PM
kennel cough???
that was my first thought. when lily had it she started by just retching and the actual cough came later.

poor jake. maybe a trip to the vets tomorrow?
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm not really sure tbh but I know when Dizzy had it she did alot of retching more so than coughing. I'm sure one of the experts will be along shortly to help you out

Hope he is ok!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
that was my first thought. when lily had it she started by just retching and the actual cough came later.

poor jake. maybe a trip to the vets tomorrow?
aw, i didnt know lily had it. what was she like?

I'm not really sure tbh but I know when Dizzy had it she did alot of retching more so than coughing. I'm sure one of the experts will be along shortly to help you out

Hope he is ok!
i hope they do they lol. thanks.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 11:03 PM
she wasn't too bad actually but she was doing this kind of coughing up thing. like she had something stuck in her throat. she really wasn't unwell with it though. i did take her to the vet and he put her on antibiotics because she was only about 4 months at the time.

dylan caught it too and given his compromised state (meds for leukemia) he was amazingly bright. he sounded a little hoarse when he barked and would only really do the retching thing in the mornings. he had no medication for it.

it lasted for a couple of weeks and then they were fine.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 11:09 PM
hiya
aww poor wee Jake
it could possibly be k.c
is he otherwise well in himself? does he have any discharge from his nose or eyes?,is he keeping food down?,they can just get a wee dose of it like we do a cold,if he is otherwise ok i would monitor him and see how he goes,i wouldnt mix him with other dogs at the mo,just in case.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't know much about it really but surely he would have done it at some other point today if it was k.c?
Also, would he not seem less well in himself?
Hope he is o.k, try not to fret Lozzi am sure he is fine!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
she wasn't too bad actually but she was doing this kind of coughing up thing. like she had something stuck in her throat. she really wasn't unwell with it though. i did take her to the vet and he put her on antibiotics because she was only about 4 months at the time.

dylan caught it too and given his compromised state (meds for leukemia) he was amazingly bright. he sounded a little hoarse when he barked and would only really do the retching thing in the mornings. he had no medication for it.

it lasted for a couple of weeks and then they were fine.
aw, thats good they were both fine jakes retching is like something is stuck in his throat, but he hasnt been coughing or anything and its only at night... weird lol.

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hiya
aww poor wee Jake
it could possibly be k.c
is he otherwise well in himself? does he have any discharge from his nose or eyes?,is he keeping food down?,they can just get a wee dose of it like we do a cold,if he is otherwise ok i would monitor him and see how he goes,i wouldnt mix him with other dogs at the mo,just in case.
he is his normal self. he hasnt got discharge from his nose or eyes, just the sleep he gets when he wakes up but he always gets that. he appetite is normal, and everything is being kept down. its just this retching thing he keeps doing. i hope it is just a wee dose lol. he is meant to have puppy class tomorrow but wont take him.

poor boy hasnt been in ages lol, with me working most tuesdays, him being neutered and now this lol.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >