Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pinksparkle 16
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Bichon frise

Hi I have a beautiful female Bichon, she is just 7 years old. iam having another Female Bichon Puppy in two weeks!
Can anyone advise on the best way to introduce them to each other!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Neutral ground where things are calm are the best.
Pinksparkle 16
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Neutral ground where things are calm are the best.
Thats great! Will they be ok together of the pup has only had her first injection.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pinksparkle 16 View Post
Thats great! Will they be ok together of the pup has only had her first injection.
My dogs met my puppy without his injections, and my neighbour brought her puppy into a house with an existing dog, as long as your dog is up to date with it's boosters then I cannot see a problem.

Another thing, keep a space for your older dog to go to when she wants some peace from the little one as well as having a safe spot for your little one.

I would also be careful about the neutral ground your dogs meet, it will need to be somewhere both dogs haven't been but also has no chance of any nasty diseases as your pup hasn't had her injections.

Benjie met my pup at the breeders and Sadie met him on my parents back yard - neither were neutral ground but I know my dogs well.
Pinksparkle 16
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Thankyou so much, I will definately let them meet on Neutral ground. i will be picking the new pup on the 13th Aug as long as she is ready to leave her mum and the mum is ready to let her go! So I will let you know How I get on!