Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 03:25 PM

Niffty new collars {what do you think guys?}

bought two of these collars yesterday, to kind of give them a trial run before putting in a bulk order for the training club,
just wanted your thoughts on would they be of use to you or would they not, will add the leads later, dont have any yet but I have the details of them

The collar itself,

the niffty bit

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
link to the web site with diff products on it.

http://www.patentopet.com/patentopet...ity_leash.html
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I would worry that mine would catch them on things or their teeth when playing ...... and not sure whether it is any great deal more use than grabbing the collar???

They look nice and maybe good for people with calm dogs and less mobile hands????
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I think that's not a bad idea although wouldn't be suitable for small breeds. Doesn't say how much force it would take as I would imagine people grabbing it because the dog is about to jump or take off.
Becky
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I would agree they have a limited use, I bought them as at the moment they are getting one walk a day at kinnaird as well as there normal stuff, Kinnarid is private but of late we have a lot of {the right to roam folk} appearing up there, now I didnt think the right to roam went as far as peoples gardens, there is no way right through the motorway runs at the back of the house up there so its not like they can go through to somewhere else, I normaly only ever walk two of my lot at a time, but up there I can take the whole lot, as its private {the reason I never take more than two anywhere else is If another dog was to come crashing over and set about my dogs I couldnt control more than two, but I havent had to consider another dog having a go up there, the only other person who has authority to use it is the local police dog sergent who knows me and my dogs and his dont fight nor do mine so its ok, he finds it helpful too as he can let his pack loose up there without worry,If his dog gets hurt badly in a scrap he cant work I guess {he has his working dogs and his old retired lot he always keeps his dogs when there working days are over}

anyways moan over I got these as I rarely carry more than one lead up there, so If someone does appear with a dog thats a bit ott, I have some way of leashing them

there is also the fact that Archie lives there and comes up and down the road, {I normaly just down them or call them back but if I needed to I could now have an emergency lead,
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I can see an advantage for big dogs when you want to have them on a short lead, but for any dog that you would have to bend over to hold the handle, can't really see any benefit.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Out of interest Shona..where did you get them..

Our local XS shop was selling them for £5.99 and leads to match them
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Would they hold a rott that wanted to be somewhere then?

I've seen them before but never thought they'd really benefit me as mine are knee height so I have to bend down anyway and I don't go anywhere without at least one double ended lead (and only have two dogs!)
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I think they would be of use to someone of Bens size and obediance level!! Eg was you know have been working really hard at recall when out and Ben is getting great at coming charging toward us but not so keen on having lead put back on so this might be very handy.

xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I can see an advantage for big dogs when you want to have them on a short lead, but for any dog that you would have to bend over to hold the handle, can't really see any benefit.
I dont think they really do a small dog size, think they come in medium, large and XL {my lot have the XL on but the large would have done them just fine, they didnt have any large ones there when I went in

Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Out of interest Shona..where did you get them..

Our local XS shop was selling them for £5.99 and leads to match them

Leckies in falkirk, a steal at £ 3.75 same for the leads

Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Would they hold a rott that wanted to be somewhere then?

Not sure as my lot dont really pull, guess the easyest way would be to get dougie to stick it on and then jab him up the butt with somit and see if it holds,,

I've seen them before but never thought they'd really benefit me as mine are knee height so I have to bend down anyway and I don't go anywhere without at least one double ended lead (and only have two dogs!)
I think dogs that are at that kind of hand height would be the ones they are aimed at

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
I think they would be of use to someone of Bens size and obediance level!! Eg was you know have been working really hard at recall when out and Ben is getting great at coming charging toward us but not so keen on having lead put back on so this might be very handy.

xx
ah,,, me thinks a pm will need to be coming your direction,, whats he like you solve one problem with thim he throws you another , I would say if hes doing that, and you used one of these collars he would just become a pain in the ass if you tried to touch his neck,, this wouldnt really solve the issue,, it would just transfer it onto something else,, nowt worse than seeing dogs acting up when you try to touch the collar, this can in {some nappy dogs } lead onto turning then mouthing your hand when you try to grab on,

dont you just hate/ but laugh at the folk up the park,,,trying to get there dog near to them and then they pounce on it,,,SPALAT,, miss dogs shot off the other way,,, lol,

will pm you with some ideas for the benster x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >