View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2007, 09:22 PM

'Horrific' Cat And Dog Fur Trade To End.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...271116,00.html

The import and export of fur, mainly from China, is estimated to claim the lives of two million cats and dogs a year.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Great News,all we need to do now is stop the Killing of the Animals full stop.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I watched it on the news it is horrific. It made me cry to see that poor german shepherd with his tail wagging. Then god knows what they did to kill him. I don't even want to imagine. We could all have something in our home which we bought thinking it is fake fur and it's not.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Great News,all we need to do now is stop the Killing of the Animals full stop.

I take it your a veggie then.

I have no problem them killing normal farm animals for food and the by-product, i.e.: the skin (leather) being used for clothing, but I really hate the idea of killing an animal just for fashion.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Great news it's been banned, but the trouble is, a lot of the 'fur' is sold as 'fake' so will the trade really end?
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2007, 11:27 AM
At least if it is banned maybe importers who take in cheap 'fake' fur which is actually from this cruel trade may be taken to task over it or may look for more expensive fake alternatives that are exactly what they are supposed to be fake fur, to avoid any prosecution or investigations or seizing of their goods. It may encourage retailers to be more careful. I live in hope anyway.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Great news, but It will still be smuggled in i fear
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Shanik View Post
At least if it is banned maybe importers who take in cheap 'fake' fur which is actually from this cruel trade may be taken to task over it or may look for more expensive fake alternatives that are exactly what they are supposed to be fake fur, to avoid any prosecution or investigations or seizing of their goods. It may encourage retailers to be more careful. I live in hope anyway.
Me too, but sadly a lot of the clothing etc the fur is on, is made in Europe and brought in as 'fake fur'...
It's just awful.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Saw this on the news glad somethings been done, i feel so strongly about this as you all probably do, i couldnt help but cry at these images they stick in your mind for ages because i saw a documentary about it and has haunted me ever since it showed the full version of the German shepard dog.
juliemorgan
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2007, 02:35 PM
That video was horrific , It beggars the qeustion what kind of world do we live in and what makes us (humans) do such barbaric things.

Just read my post back...and off course, it is money that makes us (humans) so evil.