Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 07:46 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 12th December

Good morning everyone, very foggy out there this morning. I hope anyone who has to drive early take care out in it.

Lynn, you are destined to have bad luck I am sure, what on earth can happen next? As long as you and Gorden and Mark are ok that's the main thing.

June, such beautiful pictures of the Lona and Zen you must be really proud of them. Lona must have thoroughly enjoyed her outing.

Harvey give me horses everyday to the gun and cannon fire going off. Some people are unbelievable. All that lovely poo too for the roses!

Griff, your dad hasn't got a lot of sense for a man has he?
Still you have cleared the ceiling now, not a lot can go wrong with it now, can there?

LG, Norma, Mandy, Sue and Barry, Jenny and Brian, Kazz, Nikki and anyone else I have forgotten hope you are all well.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Moyra not sure what can hit us next not sure I want to think about it. We went out yesterday feeling very upbeat, heating working properly dishwasher in just decorating now needs doing. And bam in less than 2 hours another problem.
Being a Sunday we could not get over to get the hire car so Gorden has mine we will have to try to sort that out Friday for the holiday and if this mess isn't sorted till after christmas. He couldn't take today off he is delivering a lecture/information speech today to the students.
I don't ever remember having this much bad luck before moving here.

Lovely pictures June.
Hoping everyone has a good day and is well and all four legged friends are too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 08:42 AM
One bit of good news. Enterprise just rung.
I can have the hire car as I am named on Gorden's policy.
Problem is we thought they are in Huntingdon. Mark looked up and said I can take you they then said they have a pick up service. So I am being picked up at 11 sorting the paperwork and bringing the hire car home. They are in kings Lynn. Till such time as they decide the car cannot be repaired which we suspect they will.
Usually then when written off you have return hire or courtesy car and start looking for a replacement of your previous car.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Morning all. Lynn I feel for you. Griff I hope you have the ceiling sorted. Another reason why I always get someone in. Never let hubby tackle anything these days. Just let him do the garden. At least that way he is out of my hair. bg!! Well my radiators will be fitted Wednesday. Tablet has turned up and will be looked at by daughter tomorrow and set up. Hope all goes well with everyone today and for the future. Will pop in later and see how you are all doing. June time we heard about your news. bfn all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Hello all.
Flipping heck Lynn, poor you talk about one thing after another.
Fabulous time with the birthday folk yesterday. My Grand-daughters boy friend was quite overwhelmed I think. He said how nice it was to be part of a big family
Did I tell you my washing machine blew up on Saturday? Well AO are delivering a new one between 10 and 10-30 this morning, phew. Mind you that was just what I needed 2 weeks before Christmas!
Take care everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Jenny, glad the party was a success. Shame about your washing machine though.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone

Pleased something has been sorted re your transport Lynn and really do hope that 2017 sees the back of all the bad luck for you and your family.

Pleased the birthday party went well and everyone had a good time. Shame about the washing machine though.

That was nice of Steve to put the tree up for you Moyra perhaps you will feel a little better in yourself I do hope so.

Hope daughter sorts your tablet for you Brenda so nice having tech savvy offspring

Oh dear Griff if only you were well enough to do the work the bathroom would have been finished ages ago and no dramas on the way. Barry doesn't do decorating at all but is good at giving out orders

Lovely photos June and there girls are gorgeous. `Like the one up one down look

Dull and now drizzling so not very nice. Ordered my new MacBook last night and it is due for delivery tomorrow and son has said he will sort it for me, transferring everything form this one to that. He is also going to have a go at accessing the old hard drive when I get the necessary cable. Barry is itching to get his hands on this one to repair the trackpad and then he can have it but I bet he will moan as he doesn't like Macs

Have a good day and stay safe
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Feeling colder here this morning, was glad to get in after tidying girls up. Hoping the mud dries up because despite all the clean dry shavings and the undercoat rake, Zen is still muddy Need a long dry spell please then can get them on the river and they can go swimming and clean themselves of it
Lynn, that's excellent news about the car and hoping Paul and Beth get the same type of news.
Birthday party sounds as though everyone enjoyed themselves, Nippy , and how lovely of her boyfriend to say that. AO are excellent, the delivery men are really nice and very helpful, and I would definitely buy from them again, which isn't something that I can say about lots of companies.
I like those piccies myself because not only do the girls look on top form, but I look like I know what I am doing
Got walks this moirning, LPG for the car, then I do need to sort out the back bedroom. I have been working round things and everything covered in old sheets but i suspect that won't be good enough. Wardrobe needs emptying as well. That'll keep me busy for the rest of the day
LG is MIA, hoping he hasn't been partaking of too much Christmas Cheer with the neighbours
I don't like Macs either Sue. Fingers crossed son can access all your missing things. I know on one of my laptops my son took the hardrive out and attached things to it and emptied it, but tablets are not the same. End of all my knowledge on the subject
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Just a quickie Will have to get another donation thing running for LG to put towards the 79p that was donated last time. Off now for a coffee and a catchup on last nights tv. Bye for now all. Really wet here now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 10:56 AM
June, you are right, a lot colder this morning so much so I have put the calor gas fire on.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >