View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2010, 11:04 PM

Anything more satisfying than feeding your dog by hand?

I live feeding my boys by hand, the way they know what's lunch and what's my hand is awesome, I just live it. Can anything beat it? YES. I swear to god her your dogs favourite meat/ treat and feed it to them with ..... CHOPSTICKS no joke it's the most fulfilling and funniest thing ever honestly it's amazing with wet food it's alot of fun, BUT with dry food it's fuc*ing genius. Try it.
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I meant love not live stupid iPhone dictionary
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Do you mean you are giving them their meal allowance by hand-feeding them, instead of putting it in a dish?
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Chopsticks? Stuff that, lol! Does passing each dog a chicken carcass come under feeding them by hand? Mine very rarely use bowls because they get fed mainly RMB's.

I just cant imagine sparing the time to feed 2 large dogs their meal nugget by nugget with chopsticks....
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Jake is raw fed so I often feed him just using my hand to give him his dinner... Unless its something like liver or tripe lol.
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm a vegetarian so I'm pretty averse to touching meat-type thingys! This means that's he's fed with a scoop xD and that all his treats from me are cheese and biscuit based!!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I just cant imagine sparing the time to feed 2 large dogs their meal nugget by nugget with chopsticks....
It sounds quite fun to do as a game, especially if you have 2 dogs! And have had a glass or two....

At least it might encourage some dogs not to snatch at food, they'd end up with a mouthful of chopstick!

Originally Posted by Luckypirate View Post
I'm a vegetarian so I'm pretty averse to touching meat-type thingys! This means that's he's fed with a scoop xD and that all his treats from me are cheese and biscuit based!!
Well that's the beauty of it I guess - you don't touch the kibble at all, you pick it up using the chopsticks!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow... you must have alot of time on your hands and very patient dogs!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Hmmm how odd..

I "could" feed my dogs by hand if I had the time and inclination to do it..but I don't so they get fed out a dish..given to them by hand
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Hmmm how odd..
I don't think Woofwoof is suggesting it's done on a daily basis, but I can see the appeal if you want a new game with your dogs, which tests yourself (come on unless we were born Asian, how many of us are that good with chopsticks?) and something interesting, interactive and rewarding for the dogs.

If I hadn't packed my chopsticks I'd love to have a go myself.