Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Moving back in today! (Bedroom refit)

Well, it's been a long time coming!

For the last 8 years I have had office carpet tiles that my Dad had left over from jobs and to be honest, they're not very comfortable!

Furthermore for the last 3.5 years since my mobility got worse and I moved out of my attic room, I've been living in my sister's old bedroom which was last decorated about 14 years ago!

My sister chose bright yellow wallpaper with blue and green flowers on, bright yellow curtains (and the bedroom is on the sunny side of the house) and a bright yellow lampshade.
Her (and then my) bedroom furniture was argos flat pack stuff with green doors/drawers and the blue carpet tiles.

More recently, for the last week I've been sleeping in mum's bed with her while my room's been redecorated!

Well today, my furniture arrives and I can move back in!
So far I have one mocha wall and the other three are soft coffee, a deep chocolate carpet (with about 10cm pile and underlay!!!) a pale blue tear drop chandelier light fitting and luxury thick aqua blue curtains with chocolate brown swirls on them in velvet!

When the furniture comes I can start moving in and will definitely be taking photos!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I can't wait! Sounds like my kind of colours too!

Our bedroom used to be dark oak furniture with chocolate and teal. Now I've kept the dark furniture but painted the walls Orchid White and we have white organic cotton bedding, white floaty voile panel curtains and different shades of green Thai silk pillows to remind my of my times in SEA.

Good for you. I bet you can't wait!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Sounds lovely Pidge

My furniture is Maple and we were going to go for voile curtains but mum went out and got the really thick, heavy ones instead - they are lovely. And we're waiting for some mail order linen blinds to go behind them.

And mum's bought me a memory foam mattress topper!!!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 03:22 PM
That sounds lovely Lottie, I love those varying shades of coffee/mocha...really relaxing colours.

I can't wait to see the piccies xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Memory foam! You lucky monkey, that is so comfy I bet it'll be great for your little body ;o)

Hurry up with the pictures. I love things like this. Oh and PM if I miss it!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 03:32 PM
hehe I'll post pics as soon as it's finished (or nearly finished) tonight!

I sleep far better now I have my memory foam pillow but I still wake up in pain so hoping the memory foam topper will work for me

Thanks Scorpio - I do too! And it looks SOO posh!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Sounds LOVELY

Can't wait for piccies. Bet you will love having your room back and it all nice and freshly decorated too.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Sounds lovely - looking forward to seeing the pics x
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Sounds really nice lottie, it sounds like you needed to wear sunglass when you went into your room before. we have a memory foam topper on our bed, its bliss to sleep on.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Yup..another memory foam fan here too..My Mum bought us one for Xmas..as she says its something we would never buy ourselves..but its fabulous!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >