Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 09:45 AM

Signing in on pc - problems

Can someone help out please - Chelsea (Jean) has an
Acer Aspire 57152Z - 5315 Laptop PC, which she is unable to use.

She has her username, and password - but pc doesn't recognise the password, the password hint feature also has not helped out either.

Is there anyway of by-passing this so she can access her pc ?

Hope I have explained this correctly
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
All you need to do is start your laptop in safe mode once in safe mode you can add or delete accounts once an account has been added restart normally and login with your new account name and password.
When booting into safe mode it by passes all security that is on your pc/ laptop except for BIOS passwords these protect your motherboard but there are ways around that as well

To get into the Windows 2000 / XP Safe mode, as the computer/ Laptop is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

If you got Vista instead it is the same process press F8 key
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Thank you Marie x
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks Tracy for posting for me and thank you Leo but i still cant sign in i done what you said to do but it still says the same wrong password think i might have to have someone look at it for me but thanks again for your help
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2008, 02:26 PM
What I explained to do is to create a new user account so you can access the pc/ laptop once in you can delete the other account that you cannot sign in with.

You'll be able to access all the files from the other account that you cannot sign in with, if you cannot still remember the password for the account you cannot sign in with then just delete it so you'll just have the new one you created.

If you know what order your pc/ laptop boots in IE DVD/ CD, FLOPPY, and Hard drive or whatever order as long as you pc/ laptop boots from the DVD/ CD drive I can get you a disk that will crack any 6 character login password in windows, Linux, and mac