Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 05:36 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Sorry I couldn't get back on last night, but that phone was going again, then Dave arrived home early, hadn't even prepared dinner, so I'm afraid I don't have a clue what's going on with everyone, and I doubt I'll be able to catch up today cos it's yet another hectic one here.

Up early cos we have to get to the post office down town for 9 am after the morning walk with Zena, cos I missed another heavy delivery from Ikea (more boxes for the units), so good job I've got Dave, we can collect it together whilst I park right outside. Then we've got the accountant at 9.30, then I'm off up to the an to do the change-over in one and collect rent in the other, home for lunch, and then hitting the shops for Dave to look at these surround sounds cos he can't hear the telly properly. No nanny nap for me today then

Much colder again this morning and cloudy, don't know where summer's gone but it has. Just think, it'll soon be June and we've had nothing much yet have we.

Lynn, I hope Gorden's still optimistic about some offer he had, but I only skipped through quickly last night.
Chris, hope your mum is better and painfree, and that Gary is recovering from his fall.
Jenny, hope Rucksack is ok this morning, I read you had to wash his trousers again which put you off dinner.
Jen, hope you're enjoying yourself with your visitors, and hoping your son is at least stable, it didn't sound good when I read your last post about him, so good luck there.xx
Norma and TM, hope you enjoyed having the bed all to yourselves (not togevver of course!! ) I think you're both home alone this week-end from what I read, sorry if I got that wrong.

Sorry, can't remember anymore, but must get my skates on to start another busy day here.

Enjoy your week-end and I'll try and pop in this evening maybe
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 05:47 AM
Morning H and all,
Just a quickie this morning as Lily and I are leaving at 7am to go to the Hadleigh Show to work all day on the greyhound homer stand. Its going to be a long day and I'm tired already . Hopefully it will stay dry and maybe the sun will even put in an appearence. Well I can hope.

Take care all and have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Morning Helena. Reading about what you have lined for your day has worn me out. I hope the plan all runs smoothly.

Morning Bev enjoy the day out it seems bright here so hope it and stays that way for you today.

Usual here today and maybe we will pop out for a wander round a garden centre and get a coffee seeings as we may have something to celebrate by the middle of next week.
Or do I pop over to see mum thing is if I go today there isn't likely to be anyone official to speak too so I am wondering if it is better to go Monday as I planned and see if I can speak to someone and see what they say. Its not sounding good and I do trust Paul and what he says in fact he is usually the one who tells everyone mum is a drama queen. But I just feel the need to hear with my own ears that she may not have long left now or words to that effect which is what Paul felt they were saying. He says her breathing is very laboured.
Michael eldest brother is going tomorrow but I doubt he will see a Dr.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Helena morning all
Very over cast here this morning
Busy day ahead then for you and Dave hope yous can catch a wee rest at some point
A hole bed to ones self with no one snoring in your lug ,AhhhhBliss
Hope TM,s making the most of her weekend of freedom to
Do hope all poorly get better soon not forgetting any doglets
Not much on today ,out this evening to do a wee bit of dog sitting ,no idea what kind of dog so sould be interesting
Hope everyone has a good day ,the weathers kind
Take care stay safe
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Morning H & Bev - up to now.
Another busy day for you then Helena!! Take a bit of time out when you can though.
Enjoy your day at the show Bev
It looks very dull & dreary here & is forecast rain for most of the day. I was going to take Taff on the train & go to the coast for a nice day out while I'm by myself but its hardly worth it if its going to rain so nothing else planned.
I enjoyed being in bed by myself but I was cold. Had to get up & put a blanket on top of the duvet.
Morning Lynn - you snuck in while I was typing Hope you don't have any problems today.
Morning Norma. You snuck in as well. Lovely all this freedom int it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning all.

Thought I would join in and say two words to you Lynn "fingers crossed"

Well off to take Sal out and then get the papers - hope to get the step built to the back door. Would like to get to sort out the garden today too.

Have a good day all and everyone who is poorly or with anyone poorly it is a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - I hope your busy agenda runs smoothly and you can at least have a sit down with a cuppa later, albeit not a nanny nap.

Bev - Enjoy your day with Lily at the show and I hope the weather is kind.

Lynn -Enjoy your coffee at the garden centre. Maybe a chill day for just you and Gorden will be more beneficial for you both after you emotional week and go and visit your Mum as you say on Monday.

Norma - Enjoy your day (freedom) and it'll be interesting to see what type of dog your are 'sitting' for tonight.

Taffsmum - I'm glad you too are enjoying your freedom I hope the weather holds for you too and you can have a nice day out with Taff.

Kazz -
Good luck with making the step ..... I'm impressed.

The sun is trying to come out now and the sky is looking promising, so I have high hopes of a nice day.

See you later after I've walked the dogs.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2013, 07:29 AM

Had a lovely early night, well it was supposed to be but by the time I had gotten into bed Da Booger said Oops, sorry, need a poo, so it was midnight before we were both back in [well me in, her on] bed. An hour and a half later... and then another three hours later...

Anyhow, for the last couple of days she has been so well behaved, not the usual norties from 5pm onwards but a really good girl - in fact I was worried she might not be feeling too good. Seems like she was storing it up for night-time but it is difficult to be cross with her as she is so loving and she does let me have another couple of hours sleep after the 7am alarm goes off.

Right - second coffee and ketchup time to see what everyone has been up to.

Whatever you are doing today I hope you have a good one.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Morning everyone, Lynn, Keep optimistic. H, try to space yourself you have a lot to do today, take care. Bev. Hope the show goes ok. If I felt up to it I would have wandered down there but think the roads down that way will be too crowded. I hate that old A.13

Hope the two mums are ok and that if the time is near Lynn that Mum goes peacefully.

Hope everyone else is ok, Steve has been up most of the night with his back. I reckon going straight back to work on painkillers he has probably put the vertebrae out again it was too soon.He will have to get another appointment with the osteopath. He is seriously considering giving up the tiling game. The tiles are getting bigger and heavier and his back and knees are getting weaker. He is 50 next week as his mother that makes me feel really old. I had him when I was 18 so he is catching me up or that's what I tell him.

Have a good day all, God bless, Moyra
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Good morning all.

Lots of rain last night. Today it's just dull and grey, but dry at least.

Gary is feeling a bit better but still has the aches and pains that the fits leave and a headache which is normal after a bumped head. We've now ordered a panic alarm thing that will 'phone our landline and mobiles should he need us in the night. He had one in Barnsley, but that was connected to a warden service. We didn't know you could get them privately until the doctor at the hospital mentioned them. Since he's been here, we've relied on the computer for instant messaging, but that's no good when we are in bed. He does have a telephone keyboard with a red button on it that goes directly to 999 though, but much better if he can contact us through a pendant at the side of the bed or his 'phone.

Mum still isn't well, but a little better in herself. She still can't walk or even stand without a lot of help, but that nasty drug reaction seems to have now fully gone without any permanent effect. Mum being ill is the only time I wish I lived nearer so I could help out my sister when mum is at home. I do tend to organise my kids to visit though so hopefully that helps.

Gary isn't coming with us on our walk today again, but we'll call in to make sure that he really is fine

Still got everything crossed for Gorden, Lynn. I think I read he's had some kind of offer? I hope so and I hope it's a good 'un, but more than that, I hope he gets that permanent job so that you two can have some worry-free time for a while.

I'm also sorry to read about your mum. It's awful to feel so helpless when they are ill, isn't it?

Sorry that I've not really followed or retained what's going on with everyone, but hope that you are all fit and well.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >