View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok now Shady has had enough of being called a common old crossbreed (Rottie x GSD), She wants to be a special designer breed at least for a day, if all these other common crossbreeds can be all the time.
So suggestions for her new designer breed name please, just to keep her happy as to me she will always be my faithful special crossbreed.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Make your mind up Pidge, you've either heard of springadors or you haven't In your first post you make it sound as though you don't..........then this one you say you hear about them everywhere

Jann
I don't think she was saying she hadn't heard of them. Just basically asking whether we thought the "designer dog" thing was dying a death and so on. Think you've read the OP wrong. Either that or I have
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:36 PM
There certainly seem to be no shortage of designer breeds round where Pidge and I live, although ive not heard of the Springerdor before.....Springer x Lab yes.....but not with the breed names run together.

I think Pidge was just adding the new name to the list of others that she has come across rather than trying to be indecisive

With regards to 'Bint' not meant as derogatory round here....just a slang term for woman/lady/girl. Been referred to as a bint several times and never yet been offended. Also been referred to as 'bird' 'luv' 'her indoors' to name a few LOL
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Ok now Shady has had enough of being called a common old crossbreed (Rottie x GSD), She wants to be a special designer breed at least for a day, if all these other common crossbreeds can be all the time.
So suggestions for her new designer breed name please, just to keep her happy as to me she will always be my faithful special crossbreed.
Hahaha. Well I think Shady would have to be a very well established and desired RottPerd as a GermViler is not very appealing ;o)

Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I don't think she was saying she hadn't heard of them. Just basically asking whether we thought the "designer dog" thing was dying a death and so on. Think you've read the OP wrong. Either that or I have
No, you're right.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Spot on Lexy you old Bint.

Incidentally, I remember someone else posting this a while back and I posted an email I was sent taking the micky out of all these ''designer dogs''. One in particular that stood out was the cocker crossed with the rottie, a CockRot, generally the type of dog to give your cheating ex ;o) hehehe
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2009, 07:39 PM
My husband over heard two bints in work the other day talking about a springador - WTF? Can you imagine what that would be like if you ended up with the worst traits crossed?
I think the post can be read in either of two ways..

1) The WTF and bint was referring to the woman discussing such a X
or

2) The WTF was referring to not having heard of that X before
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:40 PM
You could have fun with the designer name really....my Kayley is a Border Collie x Golden Retriever. What else can i call her...

A Golden Collie?
A Border Retriever?
A Gollie?
A Rollie?

The list could be endless LOL
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:41 PM
it's all bull terrier x shih tzu if you ask me
ALexa
Dogsey Senior