Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Ah...so how can you tell the difference?
I definitely saw bored dogs...barking for attention, up and moving, paniting through stress etc. Not a criticism, just an observation. You can't say all those benched dogs were just 'happy and content' some of them weren't.
Have to agree with yiou there!!! It was my 1st time at Crufts, and I have to say I felt quite sorry for some of the dogs sat in their pens, benches or whatever you would like to call them!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Have to agree with yiou there!!! It was my 1st time at Crufts, and I have to say I felt quite sorry for some of the dogs sat in their pens, benches or whatever you would like to call them!!!!
Me too.
Mind you in the FCR area there were a lOT of wagging tails and lots of dogs getting tickles or not benched at all!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post

Awwww, poor babies but I expect they were throughly spoiled when they got home and enjoyed their moment of fame in the ring
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I saw many dogs(including my own) flat out asleep exactly as they would be at home! I'm sure some dogs may get excited but think that most at Crufts are seasoned campaigners who are quite happy to chill on the bench until they get their chance to shine!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I saw many dogs(including my own) flat out asleep exactly as they would be at home! I'm sure some dogs may get excited but think that most at Crufts are seasoned campaigners who are quite happy to chill on the bench until they get their chance to shine!
I saw lots of happy dogs too Archer...I was in the FCR area most of the time so I was bound to. I did see lots of bored and miserable looking dogs as well though.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:33 PM
But the breeds she spoke of in the programme do have real problems don't they? Did she lie Joedee or did she tell the truth about some breeds of pedogree dog?
Well she lied about the GSDs shown as the program highlighted the HD problem in GSDs, but the type shown are bred from low scoring dogs)oops she forgot/ommitted that).

She also went after the Irish & Irish Red & White Setters about CLAD, OOOOOOps the KC do not register puppies from dogs that are DNA tested Normal-so what did she do ? She cut the footage from the program as it wasn't as sensational as the pet bred Boxer(oops she never mentioned that)& the pet bred Cavalier(oops she never mentioned that either)& she has admitted that the fact these dogs are NOT KC registered would have lessen the impact ! as she wanted the program to focus on KC registered dogs !!!

Now if that isn't lying by ommission I don't know what is !
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
If my Cavaliers had been there, they would have looked very bored, laid upside down snoring their heads off
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Well from an Obedience point of view I would like to thank the BBC for ending their almost non-existent coverage of Obedience presented by the irritating Dr Jessica Holm,
I couldn't agree with you more.
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 07:43 PM
moving, paniting through stress etc.
They would be the ones whose owners were alerted through the tannoy system and asked to return to their distressed animals, I expect? What a disgrace - especially when the message was repeated 10 minutes later!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Well she lied about the GSDs shown as the program highlighted the HD problem in GSDs, but the type shown are bred from low scoring dogs)oops she forgot/ommitted that).

She also went after the Irish & Irish Red & White Setters about CLAD, OOOOOOps the KC do not register puppies from dogs that are DNA tested Normal-so what did she do ? She cut the footage from the program as it wasn't as sensational as the pet bred Boxer(oops she never mentioned that)& the pet bred Cavalier(oops she never mentioned that either)& she has admitted that the fact these dogs are NOT KC registered would have lessen the impact ! as she wanted the program to focus on KC registered dogs !!!

Now if that isn't lying by ommission I don't know what is !
You are twisting things Joedee and you know you are.
The fact is that when she started she didn't appreciate how much material she was going to get. She didn't appreicate JUST how poor breeding is in a lot of breeds and got much more footage than she could ever use in an hour.
She hasn't been lying by omission. She showed a CKCS winning a big show, depsite the fact it had a hereditary condition AND the owner was breeding from it.
The facts of the programme speak for themselves Joedee. They are there, she hasn't lied. There is some exceptionally bad breeding going on....and there has been for years. Yes, there is good stuff too...but she is trying to sort out the bad.
I do worry at people's knee jerk 'how dare she' reaction.
She is a dog lover first and foremost and she made an excellent programme that has finally made the kC sit up and take notice. Hoorah for that I say.
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »