Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2004, 12:46 PM

Wart on Benji's tongue

Just over a Month ago I took Benji to the vets because he had a strange lump on his tongue ,the vet thought it was prob a wart but said it might be cancer ,he was one of the younger vets ,anyway he said to bring him back in a few weeks and see if its changed ,well when I went back I seen a more experienced vet and he took one look at it and was sure it was only a wart thankfully ,he said the best thing to do was just leave it as Benji dosent mind it at all ,he said benji might bite it off or it might go away its self ,he said if he bites it off it might bleed a fair bit and to take him back if it does ,he said they could remove it but best to just leave it rather than put Benji through a op as it causes him no problems
Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had a wart on there dogs tongue or heard of it and what happened to it?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2004, 12:53 PM
My dog has a wart on his neck, only a teeny-tiny one and it doesn't bother him but have never had a dog with a wart on their tounge tho
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2004, 01:42 PM
My old Katie had a wart on her inner lip - it never gave her any trouble, it was only when the warts spread she had any problems she eventually developed 16 in various places but she was a very old dog when this happened.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2004, 07:28 PM
one of mine has a wart on her back ..the vet said leave it alone......