Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2013, 03:19 PM

Riley has started weeing on things again

I know this is really similar to a thread started a few days ago but ....

Riley has started weeing around the house again!

It seems to have come back with a vengeance - or I'm getting annoyed now I should really say. I'd never shout at him but it's getting difficult to live with.

I'm not sure how I can combat it with emptying his bladder more, he wee's A LOT on walk in morning, afternoon, evening and a walk around block before bed.
Plus he has learnt to open back-door and I have seen him open the door, go for a wee and come back inside (if only he could close it after himself!)

It seems he likes to wee on anything new brought into house - I bought some clothes the other day (which I hadn't done in months so makes it extra annoying) and ran in house to nip loo, but bag in hall. Came out to find he had wee'd INSIDE the bag.
I felt like crying.
I bought a new mop, he wee'd in bucket.
Had a chicken coop delivered and while I was signing for it he wee'd on it.

But then also at agility we had two new dogs come in as many weeks and each time he wee'd on my leg before I realised what was going on.

I know I need more foresight! And all the times I just mentioned could have been avoided but sometimes thinking ahead is difficult.

During the day he is in the kitchen and there is never any mess. I've taken to putting him in kitchen if I am preoccupied around the house but he can't just live there!

It can't surely be because he's entire!?!?

I have been keeping up with everything trainer said about his 'demanding' behaviour.
He only gets attention if he earns it, he only gets his toys to play with us.
He pulls on the lead I walk in opposite direction - although this isn't working anymore.

He's stopped growling at post - and now barks twice instead not at door but at me and not his scary bark.

I'm booking him in soon to have his teeth cleaned under GA and the vets will do blood test to check kidneys as part of that. He will also be implanted when under.
It's a large chunk of money though and I have had to pay £400 already this month on vet fees for a ferret.
I'm thinking next month we can do it, but I need to figure out a way to not go mental before then!

I've taken the day to deep clean the house to get rid of any remaining wee remnant - but he doesn't generally wee on anything like furniture (actually he wee'd on OH XBox but that is it) or carpet (always seems to have perfect aim in getting it on what he wants).
Can't hurt to get rid of smells though.

Any advice on what I've done wrong? Please!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Can't help it - just the title of your post made me laugh out loud! I've just stopped working and I think I tend to get a bit stupid giggly when I kick back! Sorry - I will go and read it all now!

*editing to say I am shaking with laughter now, having just read this bit

I bought a new mop, he wee'd in bucket.
Had a chicken coop delivered and while I was signing for it he wee'd on it.
I do hope people with sensible suggestions come along soon!

*just read about the Xbox and am now laughing so much the dog's got down and left me!

I really am sorry - I think you've just got quite a 'deadpan humourous' style of writing!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2013, 04:27 PM
What is his character like?

I only ask as some dogs tend to scent mark to make themselves feel better and it's often on things their people have a good scent on from themselves, so things like human bed, yes X box (if your Oh is anything like mine, he is often on it, so leaving a strong scent!) and so on,.

It may be a form of insecurity, or it could be marking, or it could be a medical problem so it's good the vet is checking the kidneys

Did this start around the time of the programme given re the "demanding" behaviour, or was he doing it before?

Sorry I've not had time to read previous thread so apologise if questions have already been answered elsewhere...

Wys
x
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
What is his character like?

I only ask as some dogs tend to scent mark to make themselves feel better and it's often on things their people have a good scent on from themselves, so things like human bed, yes X box (if your Oh is anything like mine, he is often on it, so leaving a strong scent!) and so on,.

It may be a form of insecurity, or it could be marking, or it could be a medical problem so it's good the vet is checking the kidneys

Did this start around the time of the programme given re the "demanding" behaviour, or was he doing it before?

Sorry I've not had time to read previous thread so apologise if questions have already been answered elsewhere...

Wys
x
No, we had a problem before we changed things up - it was one of the issues.
I do think taking his toys away, not just stroking him when he came over actually worked out for best because it meant I felt bad he didn't have toys so actively play with him and I obviously want to give him attention so do training and reward with praise and strokes.

The insecurity rings bells as one of the reasons I didn't want to neuter him was due to some nervous behaviour.
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Can't help it - just the title of your post made me laugh out loud! I've just stopped working and I think I tend to get a bit stupid giggly when I kick back! Sorry - I will go and read it all now!

*editing to say I am shaking with laughter now, having just read this bit

I do hope people with sensible suggestions come along soon!

*just read about the Xbox and am now laughing so much the dog's got down and left me!

I really am sorry - I think you've just got quite a 'deadpan humourous' style of writing!
You finding it funny has made me laugh - which is at least one positive to come from this post
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2013, 04:37 PM
My daughter is 2.5K km away and she is laughing too now. She just called me and asked me why I was laughing - I told her about the new mop bucket lol! And the dog still won't sit with me (that's your fault) and is now barking for something and I'm not sure what! Perhaps she thought I was barking at her when I burst out laughing!
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2013, 04:48 PM
My daughter is 2.5K km away and she is laughing too now. She just called me and asked me why I was laughing - I told her about the new mop bucket lol! And the dog still won't sit with me (that's your fault) and is now barking for something and I'm not sure what! Perhaps she thought I was barking at her when I burst out laughing!
I live in rainy England and have a dog who has long hair and short legs - a good mop is vital!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh please stop! Your dog sounds as if you could use him as a mop!
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh please stop! Your dog sounds as if you could use him as a mop!
I did consider training him to use his tail as a duster but wasn't sure if that counted as animal cruelty
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Niccie you have made my night! Just been chatting to my darling daughter again and filled her in more on your 'problem'

Nite nite from Cyprus!