Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 05:53 AM

Good morning everyone - Tuesday!

Morning all,

Even cooler this morning – lush!

I had a very productive day yesterday, but the upshot is that there won’t be so much to occupy me today. I hate it when I’m not flat out – I get soooo bored.

Here’s hoping some poo hits the fan and I can step in and save the day

Unfortunately, I have to endure a meeting this morning with my arch enemy, amongst others. I must remain calm, polite and in control at all times. Let’s do it!

Today’s gem:
Sometimes I fantasise about a world where I’m in charge, chocolate makes you skinny, and everything is always at least 75% off.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Morning Vicki, Morning All,

Just finished another night shift, and i've been sweating cobs all night!! Still too warm to sleep!!

Just off out with the gruesome twosome. Then a flea bath and frontline (yep, that time again). They're both going to hate me by lunch time! They can then both chill out with a nice cheesy kong!

Vicky, you enjoy your meeting with your lovely smile and wonderful manners, and your arch enemy will be eating out of your hands

Have a lovely day Everyone x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Morning Vicki, Deb (nice to see you again!) and everyone

Hope you manage to keep your cool at the meeting with your arch enemy there Vicki, I'm sure you'll manage to remain dignified and professional throughout (or maybe not lol!)

Dave's gone off to work, home alone for 3 days now, but we kind of like it me and Zena Something's brewing, can't put my finger on it, but Dave has been very withdrawn and strange. I can't ask him outright, it could either have set him off or sent him further in, so I have to wait for the right time. Maybe the 3 days away from this nightmare will sort him out. He seems a bit overwhelmed with the work we need to do here, so I've suggested that once we've finished this kitchen, we have a break from it all until next spring, but he wants to plough on. He's disappointed in our surveyor, he feels he let us down, the floors are naff and the wiring scares him I only care about my new kitchen and the colour of the walls though lol! It's only 30 years old so surely it can't be as bad as he thinks it is.

Won't be doing the beach today coz I Googled yesterday about how too much salt water can kill your dog and the frantic way Zena zooms in and out of that water for her ball, she must drink gallons of the stuff, but so far so good, no ill effects at all, but I think we've been down there a bit too much this week, so we'll be back in the woods today.

Got the young man coming this morning to dig about in the garden and plant my potted acers, whilst I get on painting the final bit of this darn kitchen ready for the new fridge freezer on Wednesday. I shall then be carrying on outside coz I have a feeling those big new gates might be here by the end of the week, so I don't wanna be splashing white paint all over them do I

Enjoy yours, thank goodness it's cooled down a bit today
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Morning Vicki, Deb and H

Just remember Vicki you are a better person, I hope your day isn't too boring.

Good luck with the flea treatments, we don't seem to have that problem since we lost our cats.

Have a lovely walk in the woods H, I hope you get the house sorted, ours is falling to bits too, I'm the only one who ever seems to do anything, our house was built in 1886 so has a bit more mileage!

I am so glad it's cooling down. I am not working today, the only full day at home this week, must try to make the most of it.

Have a good day all.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck with that meeting Vicki.

Poor Dave Helena maybe he is like you say a bit down with all the work you are needing to do. I hope he picks up while he is away so when he is next home you can stop worrying about him quite so much and he lets you know what is wrong.
Will you have time to paint the kitchen or are you going to be watching that young man work.

Finally Gordens pocket book is finished. He came to bed around 3am. I finished proof reading it during the day and then he had to sort it all out into chapters and sections and then email it across. Blimey I hope thats all now what with the masters then this.
We are meant to be going out somehwre today we can't think where to go though and whether to take Dillon with us. That is of course if Gorden rises at a reasonable hour.

I love that gem today please be in charge Vicki. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I have a lot need doing here and a big pile of ironing but I really can't be bothered today. So think I may have a lazy morning till I go to work this afternoon.
I'm glad Gorson finished his pocket book ok, now i would get that hoover out and make lots of noise so he gets up early and you can have a nice day out together.
I hope all goes well at work Vicki. Deep Breaths.
Have a good day all whatever you are doing.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Vicki, Deb and H

Just remember Vicki you are a better person, I hope your day isn't too boring.

Good luck with the flea treatments, we don't seem to have that problem since we lost our cats.

Have a lovely walk in the woods H, I hope you get the house sorted, ours is falling to bits too, I'm the only one who ever seems to do anything, our house was built in 1886 so has a bit more mileage!

I am so glad it's cooling down. I am not working today, the only full day at home this week, must try to make the most of it.

Have a good day all.

Have a good day all.
We have two cats, and have just adopted a beautiful kitten, who was brought to us in a flea infested box containing a 4 week old kitten (another thread).

x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. I am feeling a bit more human today but still needing a nap or three during the day. It is all very well people saying that there has been a "flu-like" virus going round "but it only lasts for 24 hours" - well maybe it does/did for young healthy folk but this old crock with a dodgy immune system woke with it last Thursday morning and am still not feeling that well.

Enough moaning, I have too much to catch up with on Dogsey!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Good morning all.

Usual for us today then a bit of washing when we get back.

Helena, if you paid for a structural survey, you could well have a comeback on that surveyor. A letter of complaint is the minimum I would be thinking. It makes you wonder what they think they are being paid for at times. When we sold our last house, I had one very panicked buyer ring up saying that the survey report said that the surveyor couldn't guarantee that there wouldn't be damp under the wallpaper because it couldn't be checked. I invited the buyers to come and re-inspect so that they could see for themselves that every wall in the house was plastered and not a scrap of wallpaper in the place

Sounds like Dave is getting overwhelmed by all the work and then living away part of the week, Helena. There's nothing really you can do about that for now except be supportive, but you must be so worried about him. He sounds to be very much like my own Dave - if a job needs doing, you don't stop until it's done no matter how you feel . When he renovated my youngest lad's house in Barnsley 18 months ago, it nearly killed him. He was getting so ill with the work, travel and staying away from home for days at a time (he hates staying away from home). He got so tetchy and irritable. I was so glad when it was all finished and things quickly got back to normal.

That pocket book sounds to have been more of a dissertation, Lynn. Bet you're both glad that's done and dusted. Hope you get that day out together and enjoy it.

Vicki, deep, deep breaths and don't let the B's grind you down!!

What's an iron, Bev? Since we both packed in work, we wear jeans or joggers and teeshirts or sweatshirts, none of which ever see an iron from the day they enter the house. I do dig it out when the kids come to stay so that I can send their dad their clothes back all looking crisp and clean so that he has a good stock to go at

Bath and flea treatment - major sulks on the cards me thinks

Have a good 'un all
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Morning all! Haven't had time to log in lately - such a mad social whirl here in old Blighty!

I've been credited with bringing Cyprus sunshine to Winchester so that's nice!

Must say I am glad of it cooling down a bit now - was getting quite sticky at night there with no aircon!

Off to Berkshire today - catching up with a lifelong pal of mine who is on holiday this week yay!

*oh - and I'm in the company of Munch here - a fantastic SBT. And I am dogsitting him on the 7th of Sept for a few days. He is adorable.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >