Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2009, 07:30 PM

We helped an old lady today

We were having a coffee before going to try to get everything sorted to complete on the house purchase, when this old lady tripped and fell over the pavement and crashed into the tables outside the cafe me and Rachy were in. Rachy ran outside to help, and gradually the crowd dispersed and left only me and Rachy there with her. We sat outside with her and had to wait for her daughter to come and get her. We were chatting to her, and found out she used to show dogs at crufts! She was lovely, we gave her our number and she called to tell us she was ok, and to offer to puppy sit whenever we wanted!!

Turns out she's not very close to her daughter, so Rachy and I have decided to adopt her going to speak to her tomorrow and check shes ok and ask if she needs anything will pop her up some bits and flowers if she does sit and have a cuppa

Will take Chase to meet her when we get him too

It was so sad though, really struck a chord with Rachy and I, especially as she was so lovely
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Good for you, so many people are too busy for old people and it's such a shame. I had an elderly couple live near me when I first bought a house and I adopted them and them me I think We were friends for many years until they passed away. Still miss my chats with them now!

Hope you all become firm friends

Ali xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks Aliwin, I hope so too. She was really lovely and very eager to become friends. It has made me think that I'd like Chase to do pets as therapy training when he's older, she seems so sad that she doesn't have any dogs anymore.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2009, 10:59 PM
You sound like lovely people. Maybe it was fate that she fell and you both happened to be there to help. I hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship for you all xxxxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 06:08 AM
That was lovely, I hope she is OK and that you have found a new friend.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 06:23 AM
That is one of those stories that are too rare today. She fell at the right time (not that there is anything nice about her falling over) but to have you both help her and now have some extra light in her life. Remind me if I fall to make sure you are around.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
You sound like lovely people. Maybe it was fate that she fell and you both happened to be there to help. I hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship for you all xxxxxx
Rachy and I said that we think its fate that she fell by us, as everyone else just left, and now she'll have two extra people to be friends with

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
That was lovely, I hope she is OK and that you have found a new friend.
She seemed fine yesterday, will let you know how she is today!

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
That is one of those stories that are too rare today. She fell at the right time (not that there is anything nice about her falling over) but to have you both help her and now have some extra light in her life. Remind me if I fall to make sure you are around.
Awww thanks hon

She's lovely bless her, I'm sure Chase, Rachy and I will enjoy our time together with her!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Aww Bless ya all Hope the lady is OK. Well Done to you and Rachy for helping her. I'm glad you've made a new friend x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm glad too
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Oh Lorna, God bless, you both are stars and of course it was meant to be hun.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >