Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 07:54 PM

Ayr DTC Companion Show - 31/5/08

Bit late in posting this as I've been busy lately.

A friend and I, and the dogs, went to the Ayr DTC Club Companion Show last Saturday.

My friend won a 5th in Veteran, I think it was.

Roxy got a 6th in Best Veteran. She is just 7 years old though. She also got a 6th in Best Crossbreed. Though I think she was robbed in this class as it was all kids with dogs that were placed before her! And I do think Roxy was one of the nicest! No, I'm not bitter.

Molly got a 3rd in the middle obedience class, which I'm really pleased about. We had a run-off though as it was very close between the top dogs in that class, and there were quite a few dogs. The placings were up to 6th place.

A great day was had by all. The sun shone the whole day, not a cloud in the sky and if it wasn't for the wee breeze it would have been too hot for the dogs.

Sorry, no photos! Must remember to take my camera!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Well done, I have a special affection for the veterans and love to see them!
It's always tricky judging with children in a class, as you want to avoid tears and the mothers having a go afterwards! One of the junior handling classes last Sunday - which was all child handlers - one little girl was third out of three and got very upset even though she was the youngest and the judge was very encouraging to her.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Well done, I have a special affection for the veterans and love to see them!
It's always tricky judging with children in a class, as you want to avoid tears and the mothers having a go afterwards! One of the junior handling classes last Sunday - which was all child handlers - one little girl was third out of three and got very upset even though she was the youngest and the judge was very encouraging to her.
Hi Gill,

Just spotted this! Sorry!

I like the veterans, too.

I hope this wee girl doesn't grow up to be one of the huffy older children/teenagers you see at shows if they don't win what they wanted to! I have a suspicion that she probably will be! Hopefully not, though.