Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 06:24 AM

Good morning Dogsey folks - Thursday!

Morning all,

Oooh, clean carpets, and they smell lovely!

Lennon decided to play zoomies last night after his walk, and although the garden is slabbed, there is a small side section that is soil. See if you can guess which bit he decided to run through?

Luckily, as he came back in the patio door (and onto a towel) Barry yelled at him “NO LENNON” and he stopped dead in his tracks.

Little monkey

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
Obviously no-one understand the level of insanity I operate at.......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone

Oh noooooooooooo Vicki, good job he listened to Baz there You're going to have plenty of that, I do hope it's not a cream carpet???!! Outside tap is in order, or maybe a paddling pool like I use even in the depths of winter!

Well, managed to get a lot done indoors yesterday and a bit of filling on that ballistrade, so this week-end my work here will be done, it's then down to Dave. Zena and I have plans, big plans now for whiling away our time

Off to the dentist today, got a loose front tooth which is giving me jip, but I'm boogered if I'm gonna let him whip it out today until he's put it on my back plate No way, I'll just put up with the pain until it's on there.

Bit of a funny old morning weather wise, blue sky, but bit showery so the woods will be nice and muddy for us again. Roll on winter when it'll be nice and dry hey

Dave home tonight, we had a good chat over the phone last night coz things were getting a bit iffy between us to say the least, so hopefully, I'm in for a good week-end now that he knows how much he's upset me with his bad mood and I know how much nagging I've been doing of late lol! All sorted now, so I shall be in my best jim jams this evening when he arrives home lol! That's as sexy as it gets around here I can tell ya!

Enjoy yours then whatever you're up to, I'm off out now....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Well done Lennon good job he has good brakes.

We are off out in the car with Dillon for a walk somewhere different this morning. Also to clear our heads. The goal posts have moved again with this Kazakhstan job. They are now saying the consultants will be flying out on the 21st Sept. Not to be out there for the 10th. They will be now be coming home on the 30th November not the 10th December.

Gorden has emailed them back asking for assurances this will not change anymore the money is still worth going out there for and the hope of future work there but it is getting very scarey now he has a little work which he won't have to cancel now for September but October would look very scarey. So we are both feeling a bit scared and peed off today. It is also the 14th anniversry of dad dying today. so our mood fits the weather. Wet and miserable.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I managed to dodge the showers on our walk this morning so that pleased me. Back out this morning to look after the elderly lady while my friend (her carer) is on holiday. She is a lovely lady and we are having some wondrful chats. Then work this afternoon. For a short week it seems to be dragging and longer than normal.
Lynn I hope there are no more changes of plan with Gordons job and it all goes ahead ok.
H Good luck at the dentist and have a lovely night with Dave
Vicki I am glad Lennon has brakes!
Have a good day everyone whatever your plans.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Morning all

I'm off to work this morning, hopefully we don't have any of the kids kicking off today.

Getting ready for our cadets tonight, my kit is ironed, my boots are nice and shiny, just need to get my lesson plan out and I'll be ready. Printed out everything I needed to print out last night, so I think I'm organised.

Other than that, not much planned.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Good morning all.

It's a glorious morning here - blue skies and sunshine - don't know how long it will last, but we'll be going out soon to make the most of it

I'm actually ahead of myself with the cleaning and masking. I stayed on yesterday to make sure it was all finished so today I'm packing his case ready for his 5 am pick up by his friend tomorrow and starting on the painting. The kitchen should get finished today if my ankle holds out. It's been giving me grief all night but seems to have eased now. Damned thing!!! The lesson, of course, is never trip over your dog and break your ankle!

Moving is stressful Helena until all the work is finished and you can both settle back and enjoy your new space. Once it is done and dusted, Dave will be just as happy and content as you are - promise

Don't forget that chastity belt, Lore!!!!

I used to hate going back to work after a bank holiday. Short weeks always seemed endless to me. Probably because my head was still in holiday mode.

Fingers crossed that things get sorted for you and Gorden, Lynn. Blimey, don't they realise what a big decision it is to take on that sort of job without messing you about in the process?

Hope those carpets manage to stay clean at least for this week, Vicki. Dogs do have a habit of getting 'em back just as they like them (few muddy paw prints here and there), don't they?

Enjoy whatever you're up to today
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Morning all

I'm in a rather good mood this morning I need to have a big tidy up round the house, because nana is due back today (not really looking forward to that after having the house to myself for nearly 2 weeks)

But then, for the first time in a long time I'm going on a date Words can't describe how excited I am

So I hope everyone has as much of a good day as I plan to
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
But then, for the first time in a long time I'm going on a date Words can't describe how excited I am
Good luck and enjoy!

Thankfully, I'm well past that stage now - wouldn't go back to it for the World, but enjoy the excitement and, who knows, perhaps this is THE one and it's onwards and upwards from here x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Afternoon Vicki, afternoon all. I had arranged with someone yesterday afternoon to come with someone to take my couch into my neighbour, so I could clean the floor ready for the new one which I ordered on 31 July, but thought I had better check why it had not yet arrived - I was originally told it would be here in ~3 weeks but had given them a bit of leeway.

When I phoned to check I was told that I had been given the wrong information and that delivery was ~60 working days - which is 12 weeks and not 3 weeks. Many apologies from their end but I am still rather peeved and glad I was able to cancel getting my current one moved out.

I then managed to spectacularly crash my computer and it then took me a good couple of hours to get things sorted and re-set etc but at least I managed it without having to yell for Effie to come and help!

Hope everyone is having as good a day as they would wish.