Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-03-2012, 02:37 PM

Dog rescue situation - better or worse?

Is the dog rescue situation any better or worse these days?

There are definitely more Rescues out there - how has that impacted things? Both positively and negatively?

Are the strategies that have been tried in the last 5 to 10 years or so working? And if not, is it about time we tried something else? And what? (Eg, like working on legislation to better protect pets?)

What do you think? What do you think we could try?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 10:33 PM
I dont know if things are getting better oe worse - but they are possibly more public (which is no bad thing)

I would like much tougher breeding legislation
Personally (although I know it also would cause problems too) I think selling puppies should be illegal
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I dont know if things are getting better oe worse - but they are possibly more public (which is no bad thing)

Personally (although I know it also would cause problems too) I think selling puppies should be illegal
what she said..........thanks BM saved me doing it
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
I would like to see tougher legislation as well, because it seems the problem is actually worse now - despite us having loads more Rescues (it would be interesting to see how many dogs are being PTS now, compared to 5 and 10 years ago).

I think adopting laws like they have in Sweden is probably a good step forward too.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Which laws in particular?

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs

That would stuff rescues up then, would`nt it !
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
That would stuff rescues up then, would`nt it !
There would have to be exceptions----OTOH it wouldn't take long to reduce the population so they ought to be redundant.

If it could ever be done then the people who were in it to improve the breed would continue and the people who were in it for the money would stop.

Which seems to me to be what a lot of people want to happen---such an easy way of doing it as well.

rune
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 08:15 AM

Better or worse than what?
In what respect?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
There would have to be exceptions----OTOH it wouldn't take long to reduce the population so they ought to be redundant.

If it could ever be done then the people who were in it to improve the breed would continue and the people who were in it for the money would stop.

Which seems to me to be what a lot of people want to happen---such an easy way of doing it as well.

rune
Oh naturally
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Oh naturally
So do you think it is right that rescues can charge for their dogs---or do you think they should run on thin air?

rune
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >