Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:07 AM

Two puppies!

Well After yesterday's experience I can definitely say I AM NOT READY FOR ANOTHER PUP!!

Havving 2 puppies at once, even though Archie is extremely well trained, was a nightmare!

hmm.... food for thought or what

Think we could handle another pup if gigi will walk and train it separately, but there's no way I could walk Archie and another pup at the same time

I'm exhausted....

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:08 AM
LOL, not at all surprised you're worn out Tuti. Don't know how people deal with litters of pups
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I know it's insane..... they kept waking up in the middle of the night to chase each other round my room!

Archie is acting like he's hungover now... he's in bed LOL!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Tuti we often get asked by people about taking a pair of puppies at once. Your experience illustrates how difficult and time consuming having two puppies can be ...they each need a lot time alone with the owner or they grow up badly trained and bonding with each other not the owner.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Mini you're so right... they feed off each other's nortiness!!

Can I ask, is it better to put them to sleep in separate rooms at first?

Actually it was hard, but Archie helped me out a lot in the park, and if kato wouldn't come back he would go and get him but can you imagine if Archie was not well trained? doesn't bear thinking about LOL

I think in part it's me though.... I can't stand to have a badly behaved dog.... and I've gotten so used to Archie being a good boy I complain about stupid stuff that he does but really everyone we meet who knows terriers says he's one of the best trained terriers they have seen So maybe I'm spoiled And I got lucky with the goodboy of the litter
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by tuti
Mini you're so right... they feed off each other's nortiness!!
Can I ask, is it better to put them to sleep in separate rooms at first?
Actually it was hard, but Archie helped me out a lot in the park, and if kato wouldn't come back he would go and get him but can you imagine if Archie was not well trained? doesn't bear thinking about LOL
I think in part it's me though.... I can't stand to have a badly behaved dog.... and I've gotten so used to Archie being a good boy I complain about stupid stuff that he does but really everyone we meet who knows terriers says he's one of the best trained terriers they have seen So maybe I'm spoiled And I got lucky with the goodboy of the litter
Tuti.. I think it is because you put the work in Train properly from the start with patience and consistancy and you will have a lovely dog.

IMO I don't think sleeping seperately matters, they are fine sleeping together..they do need a lot of time spent with individual training/bonding during the day and leaving one alone so much is not such a good idea. If you have two puppies in a house ideally you need two people training them.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Bless little Archie's heart, hungover eh ROFL.

You're absolutely right Mini, they take such a lot of work as puppies. You don't realise how much until you're in the middle of the chaos
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:39 AM
The only reason I ask about sleeping separately was because they woke up and decided it was playtime at 5am!!

Yep I guess it will be easier when gigi is here... and it will be her dog anyway
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone,
I have two staffy pups and they are great!!
Spike is 6 months and Skye is 11 Weeks, but they learn off each other, and there is the little fight now and then but its not difficult, sometime you wish they would goto sleep. but i said that when we just had spike! haha
If they want to get up then you have to get up aswell it`s called the "joy`s of having a puppy" haha
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Bet you weren't saying that yesterday with your hangover Gordon LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >