Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread Sunday, May 29

Good Morning everyone, quieter on D.A.D. last night, what a difference an Eileen makes. Lol. Hope she and Connor had a memorable time together last night.

Griff, so glad that your dad is making progress all be it slow on the bathroom but he will get there with some helpful daughter's input. Glad Kota is getting recognition for her good behaviour.

Lynn, I do not know what to think of the charade over your car. Glad you are making progress with the garden, hope Dillon appreciates it and doesn't decide that is where he wants to bury himself next.

June, you seem to have made a lot of progress in the garden too. Well done on getting most of the decking painted and quite a lot of planting done too. Love Night Scented Stock and Sweet Peas. Must get some NSS for my front border. I have lost a lot of interest in my garden since Steve has taken over, but it keeps him busy and now he is doing his bonsai as well he has almost covered a lot of the patio with pots of all sorts. That leaves me the front border which is mainly roses and the daffodils have died down now so need clearing. That's a perfect amount of gardening for me.

1cd, hope all is well with you now and you are a lot warmer. Soon be flaming June surely it must warm up then?!

Brenda, take care and enjoy your time away.

Norma, hope all is well with you today, try to get some rest.

Nippy Jen, hope you and Brian are doing well and if you are saving a plate for June maybe put one by for me, no perhaps not as I shall be cooking Crackling Pork Joint today with all the veg. Oh I so hate the washing up afterwards!

Mandy, hope all is well with you and yours.

Harvey, hope you get your internet sorted, as I say and June has confirmed Virgin are very helpful and do reduce prices if you push them into it. Above all they have continuity very seldom have a breakdown. So most reliable.

Have a good day everyone, must get Amber out for her walk, take care all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Bit overcast here today hope it doesn't rain have the other border to weed and tomato plants to pot up can do those in the dry in the greenhouse. Plus washing to get out.
On the other hand it will water the runner beans in nicely and the courgettes.
We have pork for lunch to.
Off out later to meet Michael and Margaret for coffee haven't seen them in a while.
Hope brenda has nice weather gain today and the knee is better than it was, LG has a less fractious day in the garden and glad to read Harvey had his pj's on last night.

Hoping everyone else not mentioned is having a good day and are well along with our four legged friends.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Good morning

Enjoy ur walk with Amber and perhaps you can do a bit of the front garden later Moyra

Hoping weather holds for you Lynn and you get everything done you want to. Enjoy your coffee and cake later Michael and Margaret.

Don't over do it Gordon and behave as I think the mem goes to Wales today and hope your broadband behaves today Harvey.

Lovely and sunny here and warm. Out to put my bean sticks up and also plant out the French Beans. Then tidy two bushes in the front garden this afternoon after cooking lunch.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Morning all. Grey and overcast here this morning. Sad about the people abroad who got hit by lightening. Supposed to rain here tomorrow. I love the smell of night scented stock. Have been out with Tyto again this morning up the bunny field which is an orchard that is accessible to dog walkers. I must be an early bird as never see any one until I am back indoors. Have a good day all. Knee getting better slowly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Morning all, hope everyone is going to have a great day no matter what their plans, i am knackered, i keep waking up after 2 hours sleep...boiling hot then freezing cold, then i spend the night tossing and tirning, i tried sleeping under just a quilt cover last night with the window open but no good, oh well
I think the bath may be going in today...hope so as i didn't get a shower last night...don't want a swarm of flies following me around!!!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Just thought I'd pop in to say Hi to everyone from a very hot and sticky Hungary! 29C here and summer hasn't even started!

Doglets taken for a quick walk early this morning, Georgina's now lying in her little "hidey hole" under the hedge trying to keep cool and Gwylim's sleeping on the tiles in the living room.

As for me I've been grovelling around on my stomach, giving the cupboard under my kitchen sink a good clear out in an attempt to find where our resident mouse has made its nest. Anyone who tells you that Mini Schnauzers make good ratters must be joking! Gwylim seems blissfully unaware of its presence!

I was hoping to bundle the dogs into the car this afternoon and find somewhere nice to have a long walk, but have decided to abandon that idea as it's much too hot, so will spend the afternoon doing a bit of gardening instead and hope I don't die from heat exhaustion!

Have a good day everyone!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Good day everyone - Oh how I long for 29degrees of sunshine - it's only about 21 here today and this is one of the best days we've had so far this year, and a good strong breeze is stopping it being too enjoyable. I've never been to Hungary but I'm sure I'd love their weather. Where I live we spend a lot of our time especially in winter, shrouded in mist and sodden with drizzle! Boo!!!!
The Mem has just left to head for the principality and so I am now without supervision and as is well known in these parts, am prone to indiscretions if not carefully watched. lol !
Seems most of our membership are enjoying their sunday, roast pork anticipated (here too - strangely) by all. Bathrooms being suitably re-furbished and Brenda's knee is fortunately improving - do hope it doesn't detract from the holiday making.
The bulk of the garden planning and planting is now complete here and it now just remains for Wilf to keep everything weeded and in order throughout the summer. I'm hoping for a good show this year particularly from the begonias, which I love, they are all giant doubles and in every colour you can think of. The last of my jobs will be to plant out my cherished pumpkins but that is at least a fortnight away as until they get really established they can be a bit on the sensitive side.
Just chuckling to myself over Gwylim and his lack of interest in murine kind, perhaps he considers them a little infra dig and he's awaiting the arrival of a more worthy opponent in the form of a big juicy rat! lol !
My best wishes to all and have a good day - I'm off to see what mischief I can get up to! Bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
giving the cupboard under my kitchen sink a good clear out in an attempt to find where our resident mouse has made its nest.
Hello Babara I was wondering where you were as I've not seen you posting for a while, or more likely I just missed the relevant thread anyway nice to see you.

I'm surprised the mice are inside at this time of year, usually they only come inside in the Autumn as the nights start to cool down. Perhaps the Hungarian mice are more sophisticated than the ones we have here
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Afternoon all who have followed. Hot weather lovely.
Sounds like your garden will be a riot of colour LG as long as that is the only rioting.
Well weeded planting out tomorrow as run out of time just showered and then we will be off to see big bro. We have earnt our coffee and cake today. Gorden has mown the lawn what we have of it and strimmed.

Dillon wanted a longer hike today an hour and we met the bolshy cows and young bullocks along the way all in fields but even so they can seem threatening.
Hope everyone is having a good productive Sunday.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
The Mem has just left to head for the principality and so I am now without supervision
You probably did 'survival trainning' in the Army so you should be OK. If you do get stuck in a ravine or whatever and Fagin and the crew need help pulling you out just let me know and I'll send Casey & Rianna up to assist.

In my Newfie book there's a picture (taken in Canada in about 1850) of a team of six pulling trees through the snow and not little ones either but great big ones 3 foot in diameter so they'll get you out OK
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »