Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 12:55 PM

Just caught an escapee

Just finishing our walk in the park with a friend this morning when we saw a dog we know run in with no sign of his owner, we loitered around but she didn't appear so we knew he must have got loose.

All our attempts to get hold of him failed as he was being very skittish when another dog-walking friend arrived and managed to get hold of him. So we rang the owner who told her that he had been out with her son (40ish son not a kid) in another park. So the son arrives on his bike and is very grateful to us for all the trouble we went to but says he keeps doing this and he's so fast I have to go home for my bike to catch him and the last time he ended up in another park!!!! I have to say I was very taken aback but I said you really shouldn't be letting him off then, he'd crossed 2 busy roads today and is so lucky he wasn't knocked over or caused an accident. In hind sight I wish I'd been a lot more forceful about it but I was just so surprised. Next time I bump into them I'm going to have another chat and try to get the message home.

They have a dog with no recall that chases off across busy roads into other parks and they still let him off?? What are they thinking????

J
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:20 PM
There is NO WAY I would let a dog off the lead unless I know it would come back!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Beggars belief doesn't it that people think dog doesn't come back but will let it off anyway - and the fact that he does this every time!!! Bangs head on desk.

I hope that you manage to pursuade them to get some recall training in before the inevitable accident happens.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Duh! How stupid are they???!!! It's so frustrating when people are so daft like this! But what can you do? If they've not figured it out for themselves I doubt you will get them to think about it. They are risking not just their own dog, but many lives in the event of a car accident.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 05:46 PM
shocking really ,dont they worry ,he may get run over