Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 03:04 PM

help needed Fun shows for charity

Hi guys i need your help, sorry if wrong section please move if need be.

Ok the lady that help get the manston fun dog shows going has had a rather nasty person have a go and spread emails etc about her, she would do all the arraging for the shows get the sponcers etc.

Anyway because of this she has pulled her self out of the commity as they was not giving any of the money raised to charatys. She is now starting from scrach again she is lovely and puts her heart and sole in to the shows for everyone.

she is getting all the insurances etc and KC stuff sorted.

This is where i need your help we need to get hold of grooming tables, rossetes, trophies etc as cheep as possable or free as we want to get the shows started up again asap so that we can get the charitys the money they so need to keep what they do going.

so if any of you now of any or have some for sale really cheep i would love to know, the people at i know have had a whip round to help higher a hall and the field but really need to get hold of a couple of gazibos, folding tables etc.

we would love people to sponcer as well like dog toys, foods, treats etc just to get us up and runing till we can get our feet on the ground again. I am doing every thing i can to help so if you can help would be great.

thanks guys

sam xxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I've pmed you Sam.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
thanks hun
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi Hun. When I was involved in arranging the show. I contacted a shop nearby who had an engraved trophies and put it to them to donate and we would put them down as a sponsor. They donated four lovely engraved trophies free of charge. Also get in touch with local businesses to see if they will sponsor a class. That would give you the money to buy the rossettes for each class. Pick a local charity that everyone will know of and you'd be surprised how generous are. I wasn't turned down by any company i contacted.
Best of luck to you.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 10:59 PM
My friends just done a newfoundland fun day, she got intouch with royal canin, (she did know the rep quite well though) and they donated food, dog bowls, dog coats which she gave as prizes and raffled the remainder at the end. Might be worth a try...good luck
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Ask for trophies on freecycle.co.uk people are always getting rid of stuff you might find someone has a few they no longer need!Just a thought hope it helps!!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
My friends just done a newfoundland fun day, she got intouch with royal canin, (she did know the rep quite well though) and they donated food, dog bowls, dog coats which she gave as prizes and raffled the remainder at the end. Might be worth a try...good luck
Royal Canin are good at donating but only if the chosen charity is for a dog charity.

I've found JWB is better at the mo. When I approached them they donated 6 larger bags of food along with hundreds of samples. Royal Canin only sent samples.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
At one local show the shops sponsor rosettes for a class if they have their names on the rosette tails.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 04:59 PM
thanks for all the help will make my list and get started. keep them coming
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
We have a local fun dog show here every year and the local vets and pet shops donate the prizes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >