Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
Hi Jackie, He is shown open shows, and he has been to 2 champ shows, just the same as most show dogs, Shona helped us on how to stand him and show him.

But you don't have to go to an actual ringcraft class to show your dog, by actual I mean one that is on for 1-2 hours and is just ringcraft. You just need to practise in the house and on walks etc. Also we use open shows as practise/training, for example currently he is acting up a little in the ring, by this I mean trying to kiss the judge instead of standing still for the judge to go over him, but with each show we go to it gets better. So he should be standing still and letting the judge go over him without trying to kiss by May(first champ show up here)

Megan xx
Thanks for that Megan , Beau trys to hug the judge at companion shows Where as Skye is a we star in the ring ,XXDK
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Thats great Eunice ill have a wee peek to As id love to travel to scotlands and do some companion shows xxdk

Hi Jackie sorry these are not for companion shows They are for KC Limit and Open shows.

If I know of any companion shows coming up I will pm you as wel las posting on here.

Eunice
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hi Jackie sorry these are not for companion shows They are for KC Limit and Open shows.

If I know ofany companion shows coming up I will pm you as wellas posing on here.

Eunice
Oh sorry Eunice im a complete numpty , With this sort of thing , Thanks hun , xxxdk
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Thats great Eunice ill have a wee peek to As id love to travel to scotlands and do some companion shows xxdk
lol are you coming with the van {dog napping
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol are you coming with the van {dog napping
Yes and your babies are the first on my list ,followed by thee boobahs and nero
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Yes and your babies are the first on my list ,followed by thee boobahs and nero
You know it would be awesome to see you and zb at some of the shows over here.Shona and I got chatting to a lovely young Irishman at the last champ show we were at.What a gentleman he was and boy oh boy he had a lovely big Rott with him.Shona and I spent ages chatting to him and admiring him and his dog,Seriously though he was such a breath of fresh air comp[ared to some of them you meet.
Megan said she doesn't know of any ringcraft classes but actually she does and had been going to Shona's classes which incorporates loads of ringcraft.Thats where Asta and I practice and Kodi with Megan.If anyone wants to give it a go get in touch with Shona and I can tell you I wouldn't go anywhere else around here.It's not often you find classes which incorporate obedience and ringcraft it's usually either or.xxxxxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
You know it would be awesome to see you and zb at some of the shows over here.Shona and I got chatting to a lovely young Irishman at the last champ show we were at.What a gentleman he was and boy oh boy he had a lovely big Rott with him.Shona and I spent ages chatting to him and admiring him and his dog,Seriously though he was such a breath of fresh air comp[ared to some of them you meet.
Megan said she doesn't know of any ringcraft classes but actually she does and had been going to Shona's classes which incorporates loads of ringcraft.Thats where Asta and I practice and Kodi with Megan.If anyone wants to give it a go get in touch with Shona and I can tell you I wouldn't go anywhere else around here.It's not often you find classes which incorporate obedience and ringcraft it's usually either or.xxxxxxxxxxx
I agree Boobah, Shonas club caters for all aspects, obedience, and ringcraft, the club in Polmont I would pass on, unless you just want to chat and have a coffee, also it's a small hall, only half the size of Shonas venue.
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Megan said she doesn't know of any ringcraft classes but actually she does and had been going to Shona's classes which incorporates loads of ringcraft.Thats where Asta and I practice and Kodi with Megan.
Lorraine I didnt say I don't know of any, I said I haven't been to any yet, I don't count Shona's as a ringcraft class, because ringcraft class to me mean's one that is purely for ringcraft and is an hour or two focusing just on showing. (no offence meant, that's just what my idea of a ringcraft class is)
Also Kodi and I no longer practise/go to Shona's as you know.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Ah so im just not recomended then!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
Lorraine I didnt say I don't know of any, I said I haven't been to any yet, I don't count Shona's as a ringcraft class, because ringcraft class to me mean's one that is purely for ringcraft and is an hour or two focusing just on showing. (no offence meant, that's just what my idea of a ringcraft class is)
Also Kodi and I no longer practise/go to Shona's as you know.

Ringcraft is ringcraft at the end of the day whether it be in a club alongside obedience or not.How can't you count Shona's class as ringcraftI learned more at Shona's class than anywhere else and you are forgetting it's where you learned too.I'm really confused at your comments about not being at any ringcraft classes thats all.You spent ages in Shona's classes doing ringcraft,I even had a go with Kodi myself on many occasions.Tell you what have a go at Polmont but be warned they are awful.One person supposedly giving out advise to me told me to nip my dog and anothers behavour was disgusting to say the least as he commented my dog was another wean eating devil dug.His words astonished me and trust me with his couldn't be bothered attitude he sure as hell wasn't handling my dog ever again and I never went back,xxxxxxxxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >