Female 

13-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Well done Jeanette - sounds like you had a great time
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy
That's great, well done! You won't look back, now!
At my first show, my bitch was 3rd (it was an Open show so not very important) and her litter brother was so jealous he ate the rosette. I was so upset at losing my first ever rosette, I wrote to the Secretary and she gave me another one!
I found that my ambitions changed as things got better. Having got a 3rd at an Open, I aimed for a 1st. Then I tried Champ shows and just to get a card was a thrill. Then, a red card... then a card from every UK show.... (it took more than a year ) got as far as a place at Crufts and a Reserve CC then emigrated! I now have 7 BIS Veteran prizes (for the same bitch that got 3rd years ago at her first show) 2 Green Stars (one major) and about a dozen Reserve Green Stars with the boys, since June this year. I may never have a Champion but I intend to have a lot of fun trying!
Whichever stage I am at, it is a fantastic day when I achieved the "next" ambition. I think that is what keeps many of us going
Yeah I loved it I think it could grow on me and I must say, that yes.. you want more But I also know Luna has some faults, that does we'll never make to the "top", but that's okay.. As I know this, I wont be disappointed when she's passed by.. And at the end of the day, she's MY beautiful girl, no matter what others say. And these shows with Luna could get ME in training for the next dog

Thank you SB and Christine

We had a great time
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Well done Jeanette - sounds like you had a great time
Thank you Vicki, oh yes I did
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
But I also know Luna has some faults, that does we'll never make to the "top", but that's okay.. As I know this, I wont be disappointed when she's passed by.. And at the end of the day, she's MY beautiful girl, no matter what others say.
That is exactly the right attitude Jeanette. It is an old saying but true - at the end of the day you always take home the best dog
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
That is exactly the right attitude Jeanette. It is an old saying but true - at the end of the day you always take home the best dog
Hear, hear, if only all were able to take that attitude they would be so much happier and we would all enjoy our day out with our dogs more, there never was born a perfect dog but to some if they don't win it must be someone else’s fault when all they need to do is take a look, an honest informed look, at the other end of the lead.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Glad you had a good day - Well Done
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Well done to you and Luna,and the main thing is you enjoyed it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Thank you all.

Yes I have heard of situations, where people are forgetting about the dog and only care about winning.

I got Luna first and foremost (spelleing?) as a companion. And now we have discovered new fun things we can do together.. With an emphasis on FUN.. I liked it, but I hope I never turn out to be one of the "bad" ones.. And if I do, I hope someone will stop me.

We now do obedience, agility and show This is fun things, where we are together...

Thank you Sheena and Zantababy, yes we had fun
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2005, 10:44 AM
thats just it j things you can do together and enjoy.
every dog in the ring as some type of fault some where it just if the judge picks up on it.
you did really well and luna did you proud even if it isn't a champ show etc.
the methods are the same what ever type of show you enter.
try and relax more in the ring its no big deal you are there to enjoy the day placed or not.
she is a beautiful girl what ever the judges think.
its a shame more people in the show world dont see it your way.
well done j and luna you did great!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Thank you very much Marie
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >